Yes, I realize it has been quite some time since this event actually took place. Almost a whole month to be exact. But I cannot let the entire Summer pass me by before posting about my baby girls first grade awards celebration.
Luckily for me, the first graders had awards day on the same day as fifth grade graduation. As it worked out, I was able to take off work the full day and attend graduation that morning, and then G's celebration after lunch. We just made a day of it. Big10 was able to come to G's class with me and watch her presentation.
They sang three or four songs, and put on several short plays for the parents.
I was so proud of how well G did with her parts in the two plays that she put on. She was not the least bit shy or nervous. And she was SO expressive!!
The first grade teachers at our school give candy themed awards to each child. Such as, Gummy worms for the wiggle worm in the group.
Baby G received a special new award that Mrs. Green created this year. She received the PB&J award (a jar of PB & a jar of Jelly). Mrs. Green knew early on in the year, and actually emailed me telling me, that she and G were going to be stuck together like Peanut Butter and Jelly all year.
And they were.
We are so thankful for Mrs. Green. She was a wonderful first grade teacher and did such an excellent job with our little ball of energy. She really understood G's personality, and just had a way of working with her.
In just a couple of short months we will be heading to the second grade. I do not know any of the second grade teachers and am just praying that we are blessed with another wonderful teacher for the upcoming year.
Until then, we are going to continue enjoying the Summer while it is here.
Maybe do a little more swimming! And more reading. The girl is on a reading marathon this Summer. I have not even had to remind her to read, she is loving it!
1 comment:
BabyG is so adorable in her all grown up sort of way. Congrats to her flying through the first grade. I hope you all have a very fun summer.
Post a Comment