Monday, December 14, 2009

Third Annual Gingerbread House ♥

Saturday when we got home from our visit with Santa, we cleared the table and started to construct our Gingerbread house. This is the third year that we have built a Gingerbread house. Before that, the kid's were just too young to attempt the construction while keeping my sanity. These days they are both all about it, and I barely have to do anything. . . .except snap photo's of course. Here are a few of the ones that I got this time around.
Daddy joined in this year, it was his first time. When we were done he said "Was that fun?". He wasn't really into to sticky messy uncooperative icing. Neither was I, that is how he got the job!!
BabyG loves her daddy. And Big10 loves the icing that comes in these kits. Personally, I think it is disgusting.
Big10 decorated the Christmas tree for the front yard of our cookie house.
The kids and dad quickly lost interest and this is what was left. A huge mess on the table for mom to clean and a Gingerbread house with 1/2 the roof decorated.
I still love it, and we are proudly displaying in the kitchen through the Christmas holidays.
Have you all made your Gingerbread house yet? What are you waiting for? My only advice. . .put down some wax paper before you start!!



4 comments:

Brandi said...

Ah, this is why my mom gets to do this at her house. I'd find those little round candies throughout the kitchen on into the new year! ;)

He & Me + 3 said...

I think it turned out cute and you got some great pictures. Love the toothless smile.

Cathy said...

Oooh, wish I had that advice before we made our gingerbread trains last Saturday. My kids (and the 2 we invited) made a huge mess and I was scrapping dried icing off the table all night!

Shelli said...

Love, love, love the photos of your kiddo's doing their Gingerbread Houses!!