At the end of school last year they held auditions for a choral group at school called Music Makers. Music Makers is open to any fourth and fifth grade student that chooses to audition. I was ECSTATIC when I heard that Big10 wanted to try out for the group!! I LOVE to hear him sing and of course I think he is just the best. I don't think he has any kind of future in the music business or anything, but he does have some musical skills going on. It is also nice to have some artistic stuff mixed in with all the sports.
This past Thursday night was Big10's first time to preform with the Music Makers at the Fall Concert. They sang about five songs, and they were all very good!! They had some pretty cute movements that went along with each song. The middle school advanced band and the high school show choir preformed as well. All in all it was a great concert. However, it was in the elementary school gym. . . .Gym = REALLY BAD PICTURES. I have yet to be able to get a good picture in that dang gym!!! And of course all the big stuff happens there. . . .Kindergarten graduation, Awards Day, etc. So, just bare with me. I tried to doctor these pic's a little and they are better than they were. Here's what I ended up with.
Mrs. Graham is the music teacher at the school, she is just the best!! Here she is introducing the Music Makers. Big10 is on the far right, very end, second row.
Here is Big10 making his acting debut. During this particular song, he came out and acted as if he was hiding out chewing gum during glass. That blue paper was supposed to be a huge pack of Wrigleys. He chewed his gum big for everyone in the gym to see until the "teacher" comes along and pops him with the ruler and he runs away!!
We had alot of happenings this past week, I'm not sure why I did not blog ALL week!! Monday, babyG had her cast removed. THANK GOODNESS!! Her doctor still has her on "low activity" for three more weeks. At that point he will hopefully release her and she will be able to get back to Gymnastics. BabyG also had her first field trip on Thursday. They had a "walking field trip". The school that they attend is in a VERY SMALL community. They were able to walk to the fire station for a tour, and learn about fire safety and such. Then they had a pep rally at school on Friday to kick off the big cookie dough fundraiser (I ♥ this!!) and red ribbon week. Red ribbon week starts Monday, during red ribbon week they learn about the dangers of drugs and why and how to avoid them. They also have a dress up day each day and it is my favorite week of the school year. It reminds me of our dress up days during homecoming week in high school, I always loved that crazy stuff!! So, I'm sure I'll be back next week with some fun dress up day pic's. And I can't believe Halloween is next week!!! We have not even gotten our pumkin or costumes yet!!!! I guess that tells you what I'll be doing this weekend!
Y'all have a good one!!
5 comments:
Whew, busy week. Big 10 is just too precious. Well, get on those costumes! Can't wait to see... ;)
Whew! I am whacked & I haven't even started my list yet. Love your post.
Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon
Those pictures are great. Love that they all match. How cool that he had his acting debut. Cute. Yeah for the cast coming off. Glad you are back blogging:)
this picture reminds me of my moms class last year! So cute!
Please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
xo
Priscila
Hooray for Music Makers! Kudos to Mrs. Graham!
Post a Comment