Yes. . .It's finally hunting season!!
This past Thursday was the opening day of bow season for our state, and my two young men are beyond excited right now. Hunting is something that is discussed year around in our home. It normally gets kicked into high gear in July. They are preparing for October from that point on.
Hunting season for me means lots of girl time with babyG, shopping, cooking, etc. I LOVE this time of year. The boys are happy, I get to make chilli and vegetable soup, and Christmas is coming soon!!
I am actually cooking my first pot of vegetable soup right now. Big10 has a football game at 6pm and it is C-O-L-D outside, that soup is going to be warm and yummy when I get home.
I thought I would share a few of last years Hunting memories with you. I'm sure this year will hold many more. This first picture shows Daddy & Big10 with B10's first buck.
Stay tuned this year, I'm sure that Big10 and Daddy will have lot's of hunting stories to share!!
Have a great weekend!!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness - those smiles tell the whole story! That is a boy born to hunt! I am sure they are having a blast :) Glad you get some girl time and I'm sure everyone else is glad you get some cooking time too :)
Have a great weekend!
(Thanks for your comments... I'm still working on that guy to agree to another kiddo!)
I always hated hunting season. I don't miss it at all, but if I had the cutest little girl in the world to spend time with I guess it would be a fun time!
It's a little cool here today. It was actually downright too cold for me this a.m., but it warmed up to 70 and I can tolerate that. Daddy Bub made some white bean chicken chili for the first time and it was yummy!
It is so cold here and chili and soup sound wonderful right about now. Great hunting pictures. What a fun time for the boys and the girls.
It's such guy time. How womderful!
Great job "Big 10"! I know that means a lot...the first one!! How exciting!
Post a Comment