In my last post I mentioned that I worked on a new project this past weekend. I actually have two project's to share with you. I am going to link this post to Kimba's DIY Thursday blog party when she gets it up. She has a great blog, you should check it out at A Soft Place To Land.
So, are you ready to see my results? The first project is the second chalkboard platter that I have made. The first one I made is alot smaller and now holds notes to the kids above the backpack station. From the very beginning I wanted a large platter like Shannon has here, and this one at Phillips Phamily Phive is GREAT too!! I finally acquired a large platter and got busy. And this is how it turned out. . . .
Now for the big reveal. . . . .drum roll please. . . .. .
My burlap project!!
Tada!!!
But I ♥ this little window treatment. This is the door that goes out to the garage. I can see it while I sit here at the desk in the bedroom. I think it is super cute! All in all this small curtain cost me under $5.00 and only took about 30 minutes to make. I'm sure it would not take that long for someone who knows how to use the scissors correctly. I just hemmed up the edges and a rod pocket using hemming tape. Then I tied the ribbon on once I had it hung on the door!! How simple is that?
So, what do you think?
22 comments:
Okay, LOVE it! I am going to be looking for one of those platters now. That is so cute! The curtain is AMAZING! Super, super cute!
Both projects look great! I love the look of burlap - I might have to use some somewhere. Great job!
Both projects turned out so cute!
I had to laugh when you said, "someone who knows how to use the scissors correctly." I get scissors, it is all of the other stuff that sometimes puzzles me:)
I haven't made a chalkboard project, but I had wondered about the scroll design issue. I have no idea what others have done, but I will keep my eye out for ideas.
Okay, I'm going to suck you into this eventually. . . award for you on my blog. :)
I love both!!
Jen
Fabulous!
I love both too! I think you did a perfect job... soo cute!
~Whitney
Cute projects! I really love your curtains, I think they look fabulous!
I think your window looks charming - great job!
your curtain IS super cute. great job.
I have 5 yards of burlap to make window treatments for our ski condo. I like to keep everything really earthy there and thought it would be perfect. You might have convinced me to get it out of the Joann's bag and start sewing!
I love burlap....good idea using it as a window treatment! Very cute! ~Ashley~ shanty2chic
Very cute. Burlap is so popular right now.
This is my first time to your blog. I also started a new KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party and I bet you have some things to put in the party-it's every Monday. I would love to have you submit this idea next Monday. I hope you come over and become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri
Stopping by from ASPTL. My motto is "progress not perfection"! Love your burlap!
I'm here from ASPTL. Love it. I may have to imitate this on our backdoor. It looks almost the same and I'm totally over the shade that I have up.
Very cute!
Super cute!!
(Also, love you "Chic's who give a Hoot" - cracks me up :))
Hey! I'm visiting from Kimba's blog! These projects are just darlin! Great job! I may have to borrow the burlap window treatment.
Hugs,
Susan
Lovely!!! I am loving the burlap craze. :) Visiting from Kimba's party. :)
They are both so cute! I can't remember which blog I read this on (so sorry to whoever's gem this is!)....but they said to rub chalk over the surface first and then paint it..kind of like priming the surface? I had the same problem with the scrolls on my tin, but it did seem to help (you can still kind of see them, but it is what it is and it IS CUTE!)
Both projects are super cute! The burlap would look great for our back door...hmmm
I bought a platter a few weeks ago and now I'm itching to get it painted. Thanks for the kick in the pants!
I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!
http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-poll-ever-to-paint-or-not-to.html
Oh my goodness - those turned out AMAZING! I'll be on the hunt for a platter now! :)
Post a Comment