Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Project

**Edit** I am sharing one of my older projects for the Before and After Party with Thrifty Decor Chick! Enjoy!! Can't wait to see all of yours!!!

I spent alot of time cleaning, organizing, rearranging (& READING!!) this weekend, but I also managed to squeeze in a quick project. I purchased these two sweet birdies at the Dollar Tree. .
I have seen so many blogs where people have painted little birds white and they just look so GREAT!! Well, I tried. I must say that I am not the best spray painter. I have got to work on my skills, but they will do for now. Not too bad for a total of about $3.

What do you think?


Anyone who has been reading my blog will know that I bought this corner shelf a few months back. It started out in the kitchen, then it found a home in the living room, and now it is back to the kitchen. Sometimes I just can't make a decision to save my life!! I really like it here in the kitchen, and can use it to display a few of my new Ironstone platters. It is also home to my new white birdies!!

Also, I have been fiddling with the wall shelf on the other side of the kitchen table for months. I have finally found a look that I like on this shelf. I love all the accessories and I think hanging the plates really did it for me. I really like the way it looks!! Do you guy's like this look?

I am always needing help with my decorating choices, so please don't hesitate to comment and let me know if something looks hideous!! I'll take it as constructive criticism.

Well, I better get busy around here! You all have a good week!!


















21 comments:

Dawn said...

I have the same dollar store birdies, also spray painted white! Cute, aren't they?

I love your little shelf and I think it looks great with all you've done to it!

Gwen said...

I love your birds and trust me, I am going to be looking at the figurines at the Dollar Store in a whole new way. You may have started a monster!

Brandi said...

Super cute TB!!! Hey, you wanna redecorate my place? I finished Breaking Dawn late last night - nearly 1:00 a.m.! I'm tired today, but it was worth it. I'm a little sad that there are no more books to read though!!!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Both display collections look great! The birdies are a nice touch!

loripadillaphotography said...

I think your projects look great. Love the corner shelf and how it displays all the great stuff.

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

I love them! They look Awesome!

Love you blog! Stop by mine, I have a blog award for you!

Lindsey @ Better After said...

wow, they look WAY more hip! great job! :)

I get kisses said...

I love birds and yours are just too preciouse. Now I'll be buying them everytime I see them at garage sale or goodwill, now that you have shown us that they can go from "yuck" to "WOWWWW"

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

These Birds are Adorable...so much prettier than the before!
Janell

Jane said...

Awesome! I am going to the dollar store with new eyes!

Crafty Niche said...

Your birdies are cute! I need to hit up the dollar store!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I've seen so many people spray those birdies white and I just love it every time! Looks great and your corner shelf is perfect! Love it.

Plowgian Page said...

Cute little bird! I love your shelf and how you have everything arranged-beautiful.

Linh C. said...

I guess I'll be going to the dollar store too! Love how the birdies turned out.

Meghan said...

Everything looks great!
I soooooooooooo need to get to the Dollar Store.

pk @ Room Remix said...

Looking good! So much better white! I like the way you accessorized your little shelf too.

Wendy said...

I love the birds!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! God's blessings, Sarah :D

Elizabeth said...

Adorable! I love your accesssorizing too!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

White paint makes the biggest difference - the look awesome!

Mrs.N said...

It looks really great! Love the shelf and your birdies.