Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures. . .

Last week I checked out a book from the library called "Flea market decorating" (Better Homes and Garden). I have been so busy with my Twilight books, that tonight was the first time I even opened my decorating book to look at the pictures. And look what I found on the first page. . . .

Trying to decorate with thrifty finds, yard sale and flea market items, or "junk" is most definitely an adventure. It is not the easiest thing to do, I am figuring out that it is somewhat of a learned skill. You really must train your eyes to see beyond what is sitting in front of you. The book calls it "creative reuse". Defined as "seeing new possibilities for old objects". I, personally, am still working on this!! The book goes through alot of things, such as; how to "hunt", how to choose a style, and how to incorporate the items into your existing decor. Surely this will help me a little bit! And it has some great pictures for inspiration.
This will be interesting, stay tuned to see if I actually retain any of the information that I find in the pages of this book!!
Until next time. . . .



1 comment:

Laura said...

Wonderful books and thrifting-
a great combination!

Laura