Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First day of School?

With a little encouragement from a friend, and a whole bunch of mom guilt, I am attempting to get this blog updated.  I miss blogging, and documenting all of our activities.  So tonight, I decided that I'd post about our night.  It is cold tonight, the temps are going to be in the twenties for the first time this fall.  So, I rushed home from work to enjoy the first fire of the season.

This is the first time I've had my Canon out of the case in months.  And wouldn't you know it, I saw that I never downloaded the "First Day of School" photos.  Yes, I know I am a little late (only 3 months), but here is our first day of the 2013 school year in pictures.

Gray started fourth grade this year.  Fourth grade is currently kicking my booty.  The amount of homework, studying, reading, and testing that she has to keep up with seems to be impossible.  I don't remember it being this hard when Tanner was in fourth grade.  I suppose times are changing.

She is however, managing to make excellent grades, and even enjoy herself a little bit. 



2013 marks Tanners last first day of Middle School.  He is in eighth grade this year, and I can hardly believe the year is half way over.  Right now we are jumping into basketball.  He made the team again this year, and he is getting a lot of playing time this season.  He plays point guard and LOVES it.
He is still very irritable when it comes to be photographed, especially in the early morning.  I managed to get a glimpse of his first day outfit.

New Jordans. . . . 

And, I snapped when he wasn't looking. :) 

I may have a few more post that could seriously be considered ancient history, but I plan to catch up, and actually keep it updated here.  We will see how it goes!






1 comment:

Tara G. said...

I get you on this- I vacillate between throwing in the towel on blogging or hanging on a little longer.

Your kids are getting big!!