Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blast Off!

Here we are at the very end of Summer.  Tomorrow we "blast off" into the new school year with a fourth grader, and an eighth grader.  It is hard to believe just how fast time is passing me by.  I know I say it all the time, but I just wish I could hit Pause for a little bit.

This Summer has been fun.  Both kids are ready to get back to school and catch up with all of their friends, and dive into all the new activities they have going on this year.  I personally will miss the lazy days of summer some, and I will most definitely miss Summer camp.  The baby girl goes to the BEST Summer camp around.  A couple of weeks ago, they put on the end of the Summer Program. . .

They practice all Summer long to prepare for the program.  And this year may have been the best one I have seen.  G's favorite was when they sang "Indescribable" with finger lights.  


I'm kicking myself for not finding a seat closer to the stage.  I don't know what I was thinking.  And I ended up with a blurred picture of G singing her solo. :(  Here she is on the left singing a solo with her friend during "In Your Image".


All the children did an awesome job.  I was so impressed, and I always leave things like this feeling inspired by their young hearts.

At the end of the program they played the Church Clap song and the kids did their morning workout routine for the parents.  G always complained about arriving at camp early, because she did not like the exercise.  Now I know why.  It's a pretty extreme workout, and LONG.  But fun to watch!
(G {and her sock bun} on the far right in this pic.)

I am just so thankful for this camp.  Over the years we have been a part of several child care programs, and summer camps and this one blows them all away.  The group of young people they have pulled together as counselors are just amazing.  I just can't say enough about them, and I will be forever grateful to this group of people.  They do such a good job teaching my baby, and taking care of her, and just loving her.  I know that as an adult she will look back on these Summers with fond memories.

Now we will move forward and see what all this new school year holds for us.  I'm hoping its a good one!



No comments: