Clearly I have been taking a bit of a blogging break. Not really by choice, life is just happening around here, and it is happening at full speed. We stay very busy these days. I am much busier at work than I have ever been. Baby G is playing softball, and we are prepping for Big10 to start baseball again within the next few weeks. My days are full, but I am loving it.
We had a great Easter. We attended church with my Mother in law at their home church. The same church that my brother and sister in law attend. So we enjoyed a great worship service with the whole family. We were only missing the hubby's sister and her family, as they attended service at their home church.
After church, we headed to my in laws for lunch. The weather was yucky on Sunday, but the kids managed to fit the egg hunt in after all. It is not as fun hunting eggs in the rain. . . it makes it hard to take good pictures.
This is still happening with my soon to be teenager. He has a pretty rocky relationship with my Canon.
That is why the picture below this brings me so much JOY!
Although his eyes are nearly closed, he is smiling! It is so hard for us to get a photo of the four of us together. I am so proud of this picture, so proud that I had to blog it!
G adores her Aunt C, and I fell in love with her Chevron Easter dress. Aren't these the cutest girls you've ever seen?
Sunday was also my father in law's 56th birthday. We celebrated with a delicious strawberry cake, and then headed home for a little rest. The kids were out for Spring Break last week, so Monday was the first day back to school. This week has been crazy busy, G had a softball game on Monday and Tuesday night. Gymnastics and concession stand duty are on the schedule for Thursday night, pageant practice on Friday night, and the Samantha Miss Pageant on Saturday afternoon. However, all of this running came to a screeching halt today when half of the extended family were diagnosed with the flu. Including my sweet little baby G. She feels pretty bad, but I don't think it is as severe as it could be. She is now taking some medicine, and on the road to recovery. This means, I get one more day off to disinfect my house, and try to avoid catching the flu bug myself. I am praying that the rest of us do not come down with it. Only time will tell. . . .now I'm off to bathe in Lysol.
Have a good night!
1 comment:
Looks like your Easter was truly wonderful! I am so glad you got such a lovely shot of your whole family!
Hope you did not catch that bug and are feeling great!
Post a Comment