Monday, December 31, 2012

The Parthenon {Nashville}

On our way home last weekend from Nashville, we took a quick drive through downtown.  In particular, I wanted to see this building. . .

The Parthenon in Nashville, TN is a full scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens.  Just seeing this building was seriously the best part of the trip for me.  It could have only been better for me if it had been open.  The building was closed for the Christmas holiday.

The boys got out and took a look around, but did not seem to be nearly as intrigued with the structure as babyG and myself.  We just kept taking pictures, and then took turns taking pictures of each other.  We even took pictures of strangers with their cameras as a courtesy.


I love stuff like this, and apparently the girl does too.  I'm so happy that she shares my interest.

{blurred photo courtesy of my photographer in training, babyG}



Just looking at these pictures reminds me that I need to get to work studying up on my camera.  It seems like I have just gotten worse at taking photos over time!  I have decided to try the 365 Project for 2013. Not only will it be a great way to perfect my photography skills, it will be a good way for me to keep this blog up to date, and keep track of our day to day life as we know it.  I am looking forward to trying my best to keep up with the project!  I'm also hoping to have a little fun with it along the way.  Can't wait to get started tomorrow!  

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I had no idea they had that there - how cool! I love that your girl enjoyed it with you!