In order to get all of my Christmas happenings recorded before 2013, I am inserting the high points here in this one post.
It all started with a small gathering with the hub's extended family at the beginning of the month. We talked, and laughed, ate a bunch of good food, and watched football.
We had a few Christmas parties thrown in the mix, but I have no photos from those events. Except for a few on my Iphone that I lost when we went to Nashville the weekend before Christmas. Other than that one small mishap, Nashville was fun.
We went with my mother and father in law and stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. The Hotel was decorated for Christmas and it was all so beautiful.
Leave it to big10 to mess up the perfectly good family photo below!!
While we were in Nashville we went to see the Ice exhibit, Shrek the Halls. It was so neat, but SO COLD!! By the time we were done, my fingers and toes were completely frozen!
We also did a little shopping over at the Opry Mills Mall. We took a ride on the carousel. . .
And finally visited Santa, and got these awesome paper hats to wear as a treat.
We came home Sunday and got the house in order for Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve we always exchange gifts with the kids. They get a few small gifts from us, and hubs and I exchange any gifts that we get each other. After the gift exchange we decorated a few cookies for St. Nick, and then settled in to watch a movie before bed.
On Christmas day the weather was HORRIBLE!! Lots of messy rain and high winds for most of the day. We hung out at home enjoying all that Santa brought, then headed to my MIL's house to celebrate one last time. We ate dinner, and exchanged gifts with my MIL, FIL, and the hubs brother and sister and their families. My mother in law is a shopaholic and purchased entirely too many gifts!! We almost lost my adorable nephew under the tree. . . .
All in all, we had a wonderful Christmas. It definitely came and passed too quickly though. The older I get the faster time is passing. How do I make it stop?!? Anyone?
This weekend I am taking down all of our Christmas decor and trying to get organized for a fresh start in 2013. I am so thankful to have the entire upcoming week off from work. I can't wait to get things back in order around the house, and spend some time with the kids before they head back to school. I'm also looking forward to serving up a yummy New Years day meal!!
Happy New Year to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment