Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saying Goodbye {Skipper}

I cannot believe today is the last day of the year.  Each year just goes faster and faster.  For my final post of the year, I thought I'd share my final Christmas post.  I've been meaning to post this for days!  Here it goes.

On Christmas Eve we always make cookies for Santa.  This  year we opened our present BEFORE making cookies, so we ended up with a total of four cookies for Santa.  We normally have a dozen atleast.  The kids were just too excited about their gifts to fool around with cookies for a man who obviously should not be eating sweets.
 Big10 ate almost all of his dough.  I didn't think he was going to make any cookies.

 BabyG's final product looked something like this.  She got a little sprinkle happy.
 Big10's creation was a little different.  He decided to use the sprinkles that came with the icing.
 G wrote her traditional letter to Santa and filled a glass with milk.
 And left a sweet goodbye letter for our friend Skipper.
 She was so sad to say goodbye to Skipper.  She loves waking up in the morning to see where he has been and if he has gotten  into any mischief.
Christmas morning was going well, and everyone was looking through the gifts that Santa had left.  All of the sudden, Big10 spotted something on top of the china cabinet that resembled Skipper's leg.  All I heard next was a bunch of screaming. . ."Skipper's here!!! Skipper's here!!! Skipper is STILL here!!!"  Wouldn't you know it, somehow he goofed around and got left behind by Santa.  He tried really hard to hide from the kids, but they are just too observant.  Or maybe he was tired, and didn't do a very good job of hiding?  Luckily he made it back home to the North Pole on Christmas night.  That silly elf.  Next year we will have to remind him to behave and make sure he gets in the sleigh with Santa the first time around. :)

I hope that all of you have a safe and happy start to your new year!

1 comment:

Pam Bowers said...

I hope you have a fun crazy New Years. May 2012 be amazing for your family.