Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Letter 2011

It seems like it was just yesterday that I sat down at the computer to write my Merry Christmas Letter 2010 post.  I actually thought I would spend more time preparing for this year's letter.  I don't know how it has been possible for me to spend even less time gathering my thoughts this year.  We have had a very busy Christmas season, but a blessed one. 

Once again we have made it through a year with everyone staying healthy and happy.  We haven't hit any major "bumps" along the way.  We are truly just so blessed, and I'm not exactly sure why God shows us such favor.

I decided for this years letter, I will spend more time covering the things that I just might forget as time passes.  It is the small things that sometimes have the greatest impact on us.

We always start and end our year the same way. . . .basketball.  In January of 2011 we started a new upward basketball season at a new church.  The church is about 10 minutes from the house, and it is what I always thought of as a "small country church".  Little did I know, that this is the church that we would begin to call our home over the year.  Sulphur Springs Free Will Baptist Church has become a place that we all love.  We have built new friendships, and already made so many memories.  I love it, and I am so thankful that we found it!! 

Big10, turned eleven this year.  (Time for a new nickname, huh?)  He graduated from elementary school, and is now thriving as a new sixth grader.  He is still trying to find his place in the middle school world.  Middle school is everything that I have always heard it would be.  Good, and Bad.  And more bad.  But he is doing very well, his grades are excellent, and he is staying out of trouble.  Time is passing by so quickly, our little boy has grown into a young man so fast that I almost missed it.  Sometimes, I look at him and I just can't believe it.  He is so grown up!  He is such a responsible little man, and so sweet for the most part.  He is very organized, and is crazy about being on time.  He definitely did not inherit either of these traits from his mom or dad.  I am just so proud of him!!

BabyG is also growing up entirely too fast.  She is a social butterfly.  She is in the second grade this year, and she has a new "boyfriend".  This year is the first year she received a gift from a boy.  She came home with a smile like I've never seen before.  She was very excited to show me her bracelets that the boy gave her for Christmas.  She is still hanging with her two best friends that she met in Kindergarten.  She enjoys tumbling class, and dancing, and reading, and sleep overs.  She loves cleaning and playing school, and watching movies and eating popcorn with her mom.  I love her like crazy!

I, of course, am ending the year the same way I always do.  With desires to start new habits in the new year.  I want to blog more.  I want things to stay clean and organized.  I want to cook more healthy meals.  Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier.  I want to exercise more, read more, play more.  And I want my laundry to stay caught up.  Maybe I will be able to accomplish atleast one of these in 2012.  Wish me luck!

Thanks to all of you that have followed along with my family for another year.  I know it is not the most exciting stuff in the world, but it is us, and it is reality.
I love you all, and hope that your Christmas has been the merriest.  And I pray that the new year will find you healthy, and happy, and most of all blessed!!

Merry Christmas!


No comments: