Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap ~ Part I

Time to document all that we have been up to over the past couple of weeks.  We have been so busy, that I almost did not have time to photograph everything.  2011 marks the first year that I did not take my camera to the Santa visit.  I don't really know how we got so busy this  year, but I am so thankful for this nice slow, low key week.

G participated in the Christmas drama at church this year.  She was so excited to wear make up and curl her hair.  She loves to get all dolled up.
I wish we had the time to curl her hair like this every morning.

All the children did a wonderful job.  It was seriously the BEST children's drama/play that I have EVER seen.  And I'm not just saying that because I adore all these kids.  It was really fantastic!
The two young men below are a couple of Big10's friends.  I wish that big10 had chosen to participate, but I could not convince him to do it.  And he did not regret it.  I think basketball practice has been keeping him plenty busy.
Another friend, and teammate of big10's.  He played the part of the "book worm" well.  He looked adorable!


G is telling me that she will not be participating next year.  The director really worked them hard for a couple of months.  Lots of no nonsense practices and rehearsals.  I am hoping that buy October of next year, she will have forgotten about all of that.

The only thing I regret about the program is not having any video of it at all.  The choir did such an excellent job.  I could hardly believe how beautifully perfect they sang.  Next time around, I will not forget the video.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will upgrade my phone soon to one that has video capability!!  (Hubby:  are you reading this?!?)

No comments: