Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Desoto Caverns with Dad

So, I have the day off today, and I am doing some blog-keeping.  I am so terribly behind on getting post up, and today is the day to get it all up to date.
We just got back yesterday from a nice relaxing trip to the beach.  Each year while the kids are out of school for fall break, we try to squeeze in one last trip to the coast.  We all love going to the beach in the fall, it is our favorite time of year.  The weather is just wonderful down there right now!

On to Desoto Caverns with Dad.  BabyG had a field trip two weeks ago to Desoto Caverns.  I have never been to Desoto Caverns and really wanted to go along with her, but we had an audit scheduled for my work that day, and I could not be out.  Dad was the lucky one, and was able to go along for the fun.
 Dad had been to Desoto Caverns as a child, and he said that they have made many updates as far as the activities that they offer.  All in all, he said it was a good trip.
 I was so pleased at what an excellent job he did taking pictures for me.  I sent him with the point and shoot Canon, and he did not disappoint.
 G cooperated well with the pictures also.

She had a great time.  I think she enjoyed the souvenir shopping more than anything else.  And she always enjoys my least favorite part, the bus ride!!
Funny, the bus ride was Daddy's least favorite part too.
Next time, we will take our car.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Dumb question, but where is that? I had no idea there was anything like that in this general area. I went to caverns in TX as a child and it was SO cool! Dad did pretty fab on the pics! :)

Pam Bowers said...

Fun! BabyG is looking so grown up. Great picture taking dad!

deb duty said...

We toured a couple of caverns in Tennessee last summer and one in Arkansas the summer before. She looks like she's having fun! Cute pics of her!

He & Me + 3 said...

He did do a great job taking pictures. I think every child likes the souvenirs best :) She is getting so big. Adorable.