This week has brought us to the end of another wonderful Upward year.
I love Upward basketball and cheerleading, and so do the kids.
This week we had some celebrating to do.
It all started Thursday night with the cheerleader party. The cheer coaches really did a good job setting things up and planning the perfect party for the girls. They made charm bracelets and necklaces, and then moved on to the manicure station. And of course they had some yummy snacks!!
They received their megaphones stuffed with candy at the end of the night.
{Jewelry station}
{G getting zebra stripes painted on her nails.}
Friday night we had the league wide Upward celebration.
The entertainment for the night was pretty amusing. The kids loved it.
All the teams were called on to the stage for introductions. This is what G did when they called her name. . . .
The girls also did their half time cheer for everyone.
Big10 is not hardly as silly as G when in front of a (very) large crowd. He barley stepped forward when his name was called and threw out a quick wave.
After introductions they passed out door prizes, and both of my kids names were drawn for door prizes. They were pretty excited about it. It was our lucky night. The Upward prizes this year were basketballs for the players, and the cutest frame for the cheerleaders. The frame is just perfect for her squad photo.
We are already looking forward to next year. They both announced as we were leaving that they are definitely participating again next time!!
Today was another busy day of celebrating for G's 7th birthday. Her birthday is actually not until the 17th, but we went ahead and scheduled the party early due to spring break. I'll be back soon with some of the cutest pictures I have ever seen!! Stay tuned. . .
2 comments:
Looks like fun!!! They are both so dang cute, I can hardly stand it. That's right!!! Baby G is a St. Patty's Day baby! I was wondering why I couldn't place her bday (in my head) as being this weekend. ;)
Model plays upward Basketball. I hope that they do a ceremony like that too. How fun for the kids.
Post a Comment