Monday, January 10, 2011

3 Pointers & Pom Pom's

Saturday was opening day of basketball season for the kids.  I am really growing to love this sport.  Almost as much as I love baseball.  Almost. 
This is the first year for big10 to play full court, and boy is it a difference.  All that running is just exhausting.
He had a great game though, and he made an awesome 3 point shot.
They were down for a while, but came back in the last few minutes to finish 18-20.  I think next week we will get a win.
G did a great job cheering on her team later on in the day and looked fabulous doing it.
She has more friends on her squad this year than last year, and she is LOVING cheering with her girls.
Next week I am hoping to have a better view of the cheerleaders.  And I'm excited because our games will be back to back, no waiting period in between.
Today we are all home for a snow day.  I am a little disappointed in the amount of snow we got.  The ground is lightly covered, but I was hoping for enough to play in.  The kids were really looking forward to building a snow man and having snow cream.  Boo hoo. . .maybe we will get another chance before the winter ends.
So I guess I will just enjoy this free day, and get geared up for the BCS Championship tonight.  I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

She is precious in her cheerleading outfit! You need to get some video of them cheering because I bet it is just too cute! :)

Unknown said...

Great pics :)

Rachel said...

How much fun! So glad both of them are having a good time with it (almost as much fun as Mom! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love the pom poms. Adorable. Enjoy the snow day!