Thursday, December 2, 2010

What I've Learned This Week

This week has managed to turn into what feels like the longest week of my life.  I'm not sure why that is?  Maybe because the Thanksgiving work week was so short.  It was so nice, and I miss it already.

So. . .
I have learned a couple of things about myself the past couple of days.
#1 ~ I am addicted to social media.
Is that what it is called?  Social media?  Things like Twitter, Facebook, and yes, BLOGGING!  It all started Tuesday night when I "misplaced" my cell phone.  I've realized that if I cannot tweet, text, email, or fb message a person, then I am more than likely not going to have any contact with said person.  I know, that is pathetic, isn't it? Starting tomorrow I am going to try to actually call people when I want to ask them a question.  Try being the key word there.  Oh yeah, after I got all excited about taking this opportunity to upgrade to an IPhone. . . I received a phone call from the pastor who found my cell laying outside in the church parking lot!! (In perfect condition of course.)

And on to the other thing I've learned. . .
#2 ~ I get overly hyped about Christmas decor.  Well, I already knew this.  You probably all know this as well.  I am having such a hard time not posting pictures of the tree.  I am trying to wait until the weekend to get some photos in "good" light for y'all.
For now, I thought I could share a few pictures of some of my favorite ornaments that adorn our lovely tree. 
 Oh how I love my Jimmie Johnson ornaments.  But I really need to replace these.  The paint was starting to chip last year.  I wish I had a friend who worked at Lowes.  One that could get me the hook up on a discount for some awesome {five time NASCAR champion} ornaments. (I think you know who you are **wink**wink**)  I'm really not sure that employees get discounts on items like this.  I'm getting them either way.  Maybe even tomorrow.
 A cute snowman representing the 2010 SEC Champions, and the 2010 National Champions. (Maybe!!)
 Awwww. . .Our first Christmas ornament.  This little thing is STILL running on the same battery and happily playing Christmas tunes.
 That other NASCAR driver.  The boy's favorite.
 A little baseball love for Big10.
 The crimson nutcracker.  Just to make things fair for a house that is divided and home to one "fence rider".
 The pink cheerleader that I love so much!  She was new last year.
And the cute green Ho sign.  A $tree find.  Looking through these pictures makes me realize how much we all love sports.  This year, like every other year we will purchase one more cheerleader ornament for baby G, and one more sport ornament for Big10.  I am thinking he will get a basketball ornament this time around.  I like to mix things up like that.  HA!

I also realize this may possibly be the longest post I have ever written.  I am heading out now to go lay in the bed and start addressing my Christmas cards I received from Shutterfly. I am very pleased with the way they turned out.  Can't wait to get them in the mail.  Hope you all enjoy your Friday!  I know I will.




5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your ornaments! I also am a social media addict, our Internet was down tonight and I freaked. :) I should be addressing my shutterfly cards too!

Brandi said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the card!!! I'm going to get mine in the mail today. :)

Isn't it funny how your tree reflects what your family likes? Our tree is full of star wars ornaments and spiderman and just a bunch of silly stuff. I have my glass pickle from the Christmas I was big-pregnant w/Ali. *sniff* Crazy that we don't have any Bama ornaments?!!

P.S. I'll check on that for ya... I think the discount is on anything and it's an extra 20% on top of the regular discount right now.

CM said...

My fav is the Nutcracker...so nostalgic.

Ugh, Christmas cards...I'm so not ready! I can't seem to take a good pic of my boys this year. What's a mama to do??? :-)

Unknown said...

OH YAY!!!! You are a Bama fan!!! I'm following you now. I used to work with Brandi when she lived in the Ham! Looking forward to getting to know you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Tina. Looks to me you just cant wait any longer. Christmas must be here, now.. :-))
Santa Claus must be cramming now in the north pole to get on with your wishes. Well those pretty ribbons are sure hot for Christmas decors. At least, Big 10 is old enough not to ruin with your attractive decors. But of course, your cute baby G will be happy to see them in her hands.
Merry xmas!
Im droppin by and following you.