Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Christmas Tree's ~ 2010

I have been looking forward to today for the linky party over at Thrifty Decor Chick.  Too bad I am WAY late getting my post up!!  Today's party is all about the beloved Christmas tree.  This year I have two!

This is the tree in the living room.  This is our second year to have an artificial tree and I really love it.  I do not miss sweeping all those pine needles up.  However, I do miss the wonderful smell of a fresh living tree.
 I think I may get some of those shiny glass balls to fill in some of the empty spaces and add a little sparkle.

Last night we added a couple of new handmade ornaments courtesy of Big10.
 Peace on Earth.
 This tree is a new addition this year.  This little thing is a hand me down that was in pretty bad shape.  After a little fluffing, TLC, and ornaments, it is looking pretty good!  I wish I had taken a before picture, it was a pitiful mess.
 It is decorated with my sweet gingerbread ornaments, and things like this mini kitchen utensil.  Too cute!
 We have been crazy busy this week.  Basketball and cheer practice started this week, and Big10 has had some music rehearsals as well.  I am so ready for the weekend.  I just need a little down time. 

Oh yeah, and look what showed up at our house on Monday night!!

Introducing. . .Skipper the Elf.  Oh Jolly.


6 comments:

Brandi said...

haha! I spotted Skipper in the tree! Is this your first year with the elf, or has he been with y'all for awhile? And you just reminded me to go move Elfie!!! He's been sitting in the Christmas village for 2 days. I told the kids he was warm. lol!

The trees are BEAUTIFUL! :)

Ashley said...

Gorgeous trees! And I love hearing what people name their elves. :)

Pam Bowers said...

Both trees are beautiful. I finally decorated mine today. I'll have to get a picture of it.

Rachel said...

Your trees are so beautiful! I must go hide Scout in ours - great spot!

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! I love the kitchen wear on the gingerbread tree. It fits perfectly.
Sherry

He & Me + 3 said...

Love your trees. So cute. i love that kitchen utensil. adorable.