Monday, November 29, 2010

I need a little Christmas. . .right this very minute. . .

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  Our Thanksgiving was great, we had nothing to do but hang out at home.  This is the first year that I have ever cooked the entire meal all on my own.  And it was actually good!  We had a fun family day, just the four of us.  Of course, the boys did a lot of hunting over the holiday weekend, we got a good start on our Christmas shopping, and we watched some good football.  Particularly the. . . .
 vs.
 Alabama vs. Auburn game.  Boy was it a nail biter!! From both sides.  Did any of you watch it?  The Iron Bowl is normally a guarantee for some good football.

I have also started pulling out all the Christmas decor.  We have the tree up, and I have started on the mantle.  I am so excited that The Lettered Cottage is hosting a Christmas Mantle link up.  I am looking forward to getting some ideas to help me finish up what I've got going on.  I just don't feel like it is quite completed yet.  Here's a sneak peak of what I have so far. . .
 Some thick lighted Garland and pretty ribbon.
 A little nutcracker collection on display.
 A stocking for Baby G.
 And of course, one for Big10 too.
I'll be back soon with some more Christmas decor.  I am just getting it all up a bit slow this year.  Not sure why that is?  And my Christmas crafting reveal will be posted soon.  Yeah, I'm still working on that one!!!  HA!

Have a great week!!  Check out the mantle party at The Lettered Cottage if you would like.





3 comments:

Brandi said...

I love nutcrackers (especially the Bama one)!!! :)

Ashley said...

I'm jealous of your small family Thanksgiving! I love your decorations so far!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What cute nutcrackers...my fav is that AUSOME...AUBURN cutie!!!

Blessings,
Linda

I’m hosting an Christmas Open House on 12/9…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun!