It's just about time to say good bye to 2010. We have had another great year together. We are all healthy, and God continues to bless us with more than we deserve. This year does feel like it may have passed by a little faster than years before, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe it is because I am getting older and it is hard for me to keep up with the time? Or maybe we are too busy? I want to try to soak in 2011 a little more, and slow down and see what is going on around me. Now, on to the recap of 2010. . . .
The hubby and I are celebrating our 16th Christmas together this year. I look back and wonder sometimes how on earth we made it this far. A little love goes a long way I guess, huh?
For Big10, our millennium baby, this year marked his 10th year with us. He started the year out with a new sport. . .basketball. And wouldn't you know it? He LOVES it, and so do I! I always thought he would be an excellent basketball player. As a baby, before he could even walk, he was always playing with his basketball. I had a feeling.
Spring brought on the worst baseball season of our lives. No one enjoyed our unhappy ball player. It is amazing how one person can bring so many people down. (Coach) However, big10 learned a lot about himself, and he learned how to treat others with respect no matter how they treat you.
The Summer was somewhat uneventful, spent at the day camp with friends at school.
We all enjoyed a vacation with my MIL & FIL at the end of summer to South Carolina. We spent a week in Garden City and loved it. The drive was not even that bad. Hopefully that has cured the hubby of his "long distance driving with kids" fear. We will see when it is time to plan the next vacation.
Big10 started 5th grade this year. His last year of elementary school. It is still hard for me to grasp. He has struggled a bit, he just wants to socialize and not do any work. Like most other kids I know, he does not enjoy studying or doing homework.
We passed up football once again this year and opted for fall baseball in hopes of making up for such a bad spring. And it totally made up for it! He was coached by his best friends dad, and really enjoyed. He was able to play every position on the field, and get a little experience had things he had not done before. The games are longer in length now that he is playing in the 11 year old league. They only played 9 games in the fall, but it seemed to last FOREVER!! CC, his bff, changed ball leagues and played with us during the fall. They enjoyed competing against one another.
The year is ending up pretty much just like it started for big10. . . basketball. This is the second year and he is really living it up. He says it is the only fun thing in his life right now!! :) The group he is in this year will be playing full court, rather than 1/2 like last year. So we are all excited about the games that will be kicking our new year off.
BabyG also started the new year out with a first. . .cheerleading. She is a very outgoing child, but tends to be really shy in large crowds. Throughout the basketball season, she started to be more and more comfortable cheering in front of a gym full of people. I was so proud of her, and she is adorable in a cheerleader uniform.
The Spring brought on Kindergarten graduation, a first alternate finish in the Easter pageant, and another big fat "NO!" to softball.
On Summer vacation G learned how to ride the skim board for the first time, and also learned how special it is to make new friends while on vacation. She insisted on purchasing two crabs that are still happily living healthy lives with us 4 months later.
When back to school time arrived she eagerly dove into first grade. This year has been so wonderful. Kindergarten was quite a rocky year for her as far as discipline goes. This year her teacher, Mrs. Green, is the most amazing teacher on the planet. She and G have quite the understanding of each other and they formed a great relationship early on. Which means no trips to the office this year for my girl. She is a great student and she is reading like a champ! Not to mention losing a tooth or two every few weeks.
We are cheering again for basketball season, and she is really enjoying practices so far. The league we are participating in this season has a larger cheer squad, and she has several close friends on the team. I think it is going to be a good season for her.
I guess that just about sums up the year for us. Maybe next year I will be a little more prepared for my Christmas letter. You have to start somewhere, right? I am looking forward to 2011 and all that it will bring!!
Merry Christmas to you all!!
2 comments:
Aw. It sounds like a year with ups and downs but mostly great. The letter was well written. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I send out a Christmas letter each year too. I think yours was a perfect wrap up of the year. I am looking forward to 2011 as well.
Have a happy new year!
Post a Comment