Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Times & Visitors

Today was our first day back to work and school.  I did not want to return to work, but I felt very refreshed.  I am so thankful for the time we had off for fall break.  We did a whole lot of nothing around here on Monday and Tuesday.  When we are doing "nothing" is when I find that we have the best quality time.
We played games. . . .like Sorry.
 Baby G always tends to have a way with words that just melts my heart every time.  When we were playing the board game Sorry, she felt the need to announce proudly and in the sweetest voice possible that "This is a happy time."
 Guess what?  She was right, it WAS a happy time.  Kids enjoy the simple times the most.  (Mom's too!!)

I have one more update that has been a big thing around the house the past couple of weeks.  The boys set up a deer feeder in the back yard to see if we could get any deer to come visit.  And. . . . .
 We have a daily visitor now.  Not only has this little lady been stopping by for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. . . .
She has been bringing her babies with her!!  I apologize for the quality of this picture, I had to take it through the glass of the back door.  Aren't they sweet though?  They still have pretty little spots, just like Bambi!!!  I wonder if they feel like this is a "happy time" with their mom? 
This makes me have mixed emotions about the upcoming hunting season.






8 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Oh my goodness. That is so neat. We used to get dear on our property when I was a kid. I loved it.

Sorry is so fun. Perfect for your kids age!

Rachel said...

Aww - I love how she said it was a happy time!

We have deer around all the time - I love them! I am so glad that Joey was not able to catch the two that were in his pasture a few weeks ago... they can jump high! :)

Your deer are beautiful!

Brandi said...

Okay, all I could think of was the little deer were only gonna have 'happy time' until your man gets his gun out and pops one of them. HAHAHA! Sorry. *giggle* If those were in our backyard, DB would look out the window and make a gun noise as if he was shooting them.

Lil' Bub says cute stuff like that too. So sweet. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love quality family time. Nothing better...or happier. She was right. We love the game sorry too. So much fun. How cool that you have that view out your back door. I wish. We have skunks. LOL

Ashley said...

Wow how special to have little deer babies visiting you! Sounds like you had a nice couple of days, love "happy time!"

Unknown said...

How amazing! I found your blog through Mama's Little Nestwork and I can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower.

Jill
http://meetthedubiens.blogspot.com/

CheekyMommaof2 said...

I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

Enjoy the last day of the weekend!

Cheers from Being Frugal & Making It Work!

Brenners said...

Wow. You are so lucky to live where you get to see deer out your back door. So cool!

And your daughter is adorable with her missing teeth. :)

I found you through the Nestwork and think your blog is very real. Subscribing now. :)

Brenda
http://unsolicitedadvice-n-such.blogspot.com