Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Mantle & other random news. . .

I wanted to share my very simple Halloween mantle with you all.
I made a trip to the Dollar Tree on Saturday and after spending about $3, this is what I did with the mantle.  It is very low key, but I like it!!  I am finally starting to believe that less is more.  (Sometimes!!)

I got a new glittery skull. . .
 And a black crow like the ones I used on the front porch.
 I am so pleased that my enthusiasm for decorating has rubbed off on my children.  This little girl in particular.  She had a friend over for the night on Saturday and they were both a big help with the decorations.
In other news. . . .I have been doing laundry and packing all night.  Big10 is leaving early Friday morning for his first trip to the beach without us.  This will be the first time he has been away on a real trip with a friend.  He is going with his best buddy CC, and his family.  I can't say that I am not a little jealous.  I really wanted to be going to the beach this weekend, but it just didn't work out that way for us.  I am a little worried about big10 being away, but I know this family will take good care of him.  He spends so much time with them, that sometimes they may think he is one of their own.  Tomorrow the boys will be playing each other on the baseball field, and then getting in bed early to get rested up for the early departure on Friday morning.
I have two parent/teacher conferences to go to on Friday, and then school will remain closed on Monday and Tuesday for fall break.  So I have a little mini vacation!!  I'm really looking forward to it!
Tomorrow is my Friday, Woo hoo!!!





1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh no way! They're already having Fall Break? WOWZA!

And I'm a litle jealous of the beach trip too!