Monday, October 4, 2010

A Fresh Start ~ Making MY Home a Haven

Do you all know how much I love blogging?  Well, I really LOVE it!!  I really enjoy having a place to share our daily events and record sweet family memories.  But what I love the most about blogging is all of the wonderful blogs that I have discovered.  Blogging has seriously introduced me to a whole new world of people and information.

In the past few weeks I have found several blogs that have been such an encouragement to me.  These ladies have really got me thinking about my priorities.  I often struggle with how I should spend my time and prioritize my days.  I find myself being selfish and forgetting what is really important in life.  I want to be the kind of wife and mother that I see in my mind, not the one that I (too often) am.  I know that God has an image of the woman he created me to be, but I feel like I am running from his instructions sometimes.  So. . . I hope you don't mind me sharing some of my journey with you here on the blog.  Many changes need to be made in my life that I have been avoiding.  But I'm not running away from them any longer, I am ready to some much needed prioritizing.

One of the blogs I have found over the past few weeks is Women Living Well.  Courtney is great!  If you have never visited her blog, I promise it is worth checking out.  She is such an encouragement!!  She has great videos, and many post that feel like they were written directly to me.
She has started a fall challenge that touches on some of the exact things that I need to be working on in my life, my family, and my home.  It is called Making Your Home a Haven.
For week one of the challenge she suggested that we get a large candle and light it daily in our home.  I actually have two large scented candles that I have been burning every night this past week.  Every time the candle flame catches my eye,  I have said a prayer for peace in my home and family.  I have loved it!!  The scented candle really makes for a nice, relaxed atmosphere.  Not to mention I need small reminders to trigger the prayers I need to send up.  This weeks verse: Proverbs 14:1,"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
Thank you Courtney for this challenge!!  I look forward to linking up each week with everyone participating in the challenge.  And I will keep you guys posted on my progress in the challenge!

5 comments:

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

You have been selected as the featured blogger for Relax and Surf Sunday if you could shoot me a quick email I will send you a little info and fun badge to wear.

colleen at shibleysmiles dot com

Colleen

Rachel said...

What a great challenge and motivation to pray for our families! I have been burning our pumpkin candles and for sure will think of praying too!

And congrats on your featured blogger!!!

Tara G. said...

Isn't it good His mercies are new every morning?! Blessings friend!

Pam Bowers said...

Love those types of reminders.

I think online friends are just as important as real life friends.

Theresa said...

I am visiting from Courtney's Challenge. I am excited for this one. She always gives us such good ones.