Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Halloween Decorating

It's that time again. . .time to bring out all the holiday decor.  I love holiday decorating in a way that seems almost unsafe.  I have been thinking for months what I want to do with the front porch for Halloween this year.  Last year was only the second year that I decorated for Halloween, so I only have a small collection of items to decorate with.  This is what I did last year. . .
I really liked it.  We ended up adding some candy corn lights around the door for some color, and that helped.  But this year I have got to bring some more color into the finished look, and do something with that unfinished wreath on the door.  Below are some of the images I have found that I like.
They will serve as my inspiration this year.

photo from www.allyou.com

I love the orange lanterns in this one.  I bet they would look so pretty at night.


And this one just looks spooky in such a fun way.  LOVE it!!

photo from www.goodhousekeeping.com
I really like the branches above the door in this last picture.  I think I will definitely take this idea.

Any ideas from blog land?  Feel free to share, I am in need of decorating help!!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

~PS~ This week I am joining the. . .



12 comments:

Becky Jane said...

Your ideas are great...love the idea pictures. One thing I enjoy adding to my front porch spiders is the white spider webs...the kind that you can stretch and pull to any shape...If by a porch light it gives an eery feeling!
Keep us posted on the final product!
Becky Jane

Pam Bowers said...

I have no new ideas. Sorry. But, I love the ideas in the pictures you found. I like the pumpkins on the steps a lot. I kinda like the branches above the door too. Post pics after you finish decorating.

CM said...

Wow, great ideas! I'm terrible at decorating, I have no creativity. I can't wait to see what you decide on...be sure to post "After" pics!

Unknown said...

Hi there! Cute blog! I am following you from Tuesday Follow. Please stop by my blog, thanks!
Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi
Your house is adorable. I need to do mine. Thanks for joining my Tues. Blog Hop. I'm now following you. I also host another Blog Hop on Fri. so be sure to stop by.

If you have time stop by new other blog (etsy and family fun)
http://www.thatblondegirltiffany.blogspot.com/

Have a great night :)
Tiffany

Ashley said...

Your porch looks great!! The idea pics you posted are amazing too. I wasn't going to decorate this year but you may have inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm following you back! :)

Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

I wish I could help but I don't decorate the house at all for any holiday. Lazy I suppose...maybe you can help me :) Great ideas though.

Brandi said...

Cute! I loved what you did last year, but I think you're right about adding a little color. I love the sticks above the door and I really love the 'pumpkin tree.' Great ideas!

Kristin said...

Very nice blog! Stopping by from MBC. Following you now.

Kristin
http://www.Kristinsreview.com
http://www.Purposefulhomemaker.com

Kristin said...

They all look great! I need to do something!! I'm your newest follower!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Jeska said...

Hi! I'm a new follower! Thanks for the Halloween inspiration! Jeska
livinglovesong.blogspot.com