This is the All About Me post. I hope you enjoy it!!
For those of you that may be new to the blog, my name is Tina. I have recently hit my mid thirties, and I'm enjoying where I am in my life these days. Of course I don't like some of the things that come along with being 35, like wrinkles, and gray hairs. . .but I do like the confidence that I have at 35!! I know exactly what I want in life, and have the knowledge and confidence to make it happen. Most of the time anyway!!
This is me and the husband. We have been married for 15 years. We have had our ups and downs, just like every other couple. But we have hung in there through thick and thin, and I am glad that we have made it!! We were introduced by a mutual friend during my senior year of high school. But it wasn't until my first year of junior college that we became friends. Anyone who knows my husband in real life knows that he is a talker!! He literally talked me into a frenzy in our Sociology class. We became close friends, and he was continually asking me out. I chose not to go out on a date with him and he finally gave up. When class ended for the summer, he gave me "one last chance", but I declined. We went all summer without talking or seeing each other. Then on September 12th, 1994 (my 19th birthday) we ran into each other at the mall. We talked on the phone that night and as they say, the rest is history. Six months later we were engaged to be married, and after three more months, on June 10, 1995, we were saying "I do". Wow, that was fast wasn't it? I was telling this story to someone at work this past week, and gave the impression that I had regrets. I would never recommend getting married at such a young age, but I really have no regrets in the choice I made for myself.
We welcomed the millennium with our first baby, Big10. He is all of 10 1/2 years old now and he is the typical tween. He enjoys every sport (except Soccer) that we will let him play. Particularly baseball and basketball. He is in his last year of elementary school and I can hardly believe it!! He is growing up so fast, and I can't seem to make it stop!!
About a month before Big10's fourth birthday we welcomed baby G into the family. She is the perfect baby of the family. She has been quite the handful from the minute of conception. Seriously, she was wild even before she was born. I joked and said that she was turning flips in my belly, and it turns out that tumbling and gymnastics is one of her favorite past times.
That's about it for introductions. I hope that you all have enjoyed "meeting" us and hearing a little bit about my family.
17 comments:
I hadn't heard the story of how the two of you met, so I loved this post! So cool to get to "know you" a little better!
You have a beautiful family! So sweet how you and your husband ended up together!
Hi, it's nice to 'meet' you. I am 35 also. You have a beautiful family!!
I hope you're having a great weekend :)
I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to read more about your blog.
I am a new follower. Congrats to being the featured blogger this week. I hope you can follow back :)
http://airforcewifeandmommytwo.blogspot.com/
Hi there, I am a new follower. You have a lovely family and I can't wait to check out your posts. :)
~Jen
http://www.sweeptight.com
What a lovely story. Congrats on being the featured blogger. I am already following you.
Marie
I am your newest follower, I would love if you could stop by my blog.
http://lovinglifeasacouponer.blogspot.com
Hi, Enjoying your blog. Following from the hop.
Kristin
http://www.Kristinsreview.com
Amen for the confidence that comes with 35 - not so much the gray and wrinkles.
So nice to "meet" you.
Congrats on the spotlight. I'm excited to follow your adventures!
http://TheSurvivalMama.blogspot.com
@TheSurvivalMama
Congrats! It's nice getting to know you better!
Nice blog! New follower. Please visit me at www.bargainmom.net
I'm so glad we were able to feature you today! Congratulations on being selected. This is a great post. It is always nice to learn more about my bloggy friends. :-) You have a beautiful family!
I hope you're having a great weekend!
How fun that you were featured. Your family is adorable.
What a great story! i always wish i had a "story" lol! great blog! im your newest follower!
http://mommys-secret-hideaway.blogspot.com/
your newest follower from the Sunday Blog hop. I loved your story of your family and how you met. Its so sweet.
WHat a great meeting :)
I'm stopping in and am your newest follower
http://ourhome-schoolingjourney.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-hops.html
Post a Comment