Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Road Trip

First off, thank you to my friends that have come over here to follow along.  Sometimes you just need a fresh start I guess, and this is mine.  I'm glad y'all are here with me. *hugs*
In my last post I let you guys know I was on my way out the door for a road trip with two of my favorite boys. I had a lot of guesses that I might be traveling to welcome in a certain girl named Amberly.  Unfortunately, I did not go to Florida.  But I still had a really fun trip. Hubs, Big 10, and I hit the road bright and early for Atlanta Saturday morning.  Our first stop was Six Flags.  It was Big10's first trip to Six Flags and his first time to ride a roller coaster.  He loved the park, but was not really loving the roller coasters.  He did ride The Georgia Cyclone, The Mine Train, and The Great American Scream Machine.  I am proud of him for riding THAT many!!  It took hubs years just to get me on 1!!  It was a great day at the park, the temps were in the 80's and we did not have to wait in any lines.  I think everyone in the Southeast was at home watching college football.

Sunday, we headed a little further to Atlanta Motor Speedway. 
Yeah, go ahead and call me a redneck. But I LOVE some NASCAR. I mean LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This was my second trip to AMS, but my first night race, and Big 10's first trip to AMS. It was a lot of fun, and the cars look so pretty under the lights. We were sitting on the second row!! So close, that I had specks of asphalt or tire gunk or something all over my face when it was over. I guess it was worth it though!!
Yes, only in NASCAR do fans purposely get a sunburn just so that they can sport the number of their favorite driver on their back. 
 
I promise you I had no #48's branded on my body anywhere.
I did however take an abnormal amount of pictures of my other two favorite boys. . . . .  I definitely have an unhealthy obsession with the whole 48 team.  But specifically Chad (the crew chief).  I have been following this team for so long now, that I feel like we are old friends. Let me go ahead and put it out there, that Chad is THE BEST!!  And JJ is not all that bad either.
I was told that when the cars were passing in front of me they were averaging about 195 mph.  That is fast enough to blow the hat off your head.
I had to get a few shots of Jeff Gordon for the boys that I was traveling with.  He is their driver of choice.  For those of you who can't tell, that second blur is Jeff in the 24 car.
I don't know that anyone who reads this actually watches NASCAR.  But JJ ended up finishing third and this guy was the winner.
Tony Stewart.  He started his burnout right next to us.  I can honestly say that I am glad that he won the race.  I love his personality, he makes me laugh.
It was so much fun, and I can't wait to be able to take baby G to her first NASCAR race.  She is totally a Jimmie Johnson fan like her mom.  The girl knows a good race car driver when she sees one.

Other than that, we started fall baseball Monday night.  I have a few pictures to share from the game.  I'll be back to post them soon.  However, I just realized that it is entirely too late for me to be blogging.  I'm off to bed!!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Fantastic pics! I totally just died over the dude w/the #14 sunburn! OMW! Lawd, that's gotta be a 'you know you're a redneck if...' :P

When we lived in AL, one of Scott's friends would stop off and 'sober up' at our house after Talladega (he still lived at home and his dad was a preacher). HAHA! He showed up one year so drunk and sunburned... passed out on our couch and I seriously debated calling 911, but he was fine after about 8 hours.

Tara G. said...

I used to live near Atlanta (Jonesboro)- we went to Six Flags the night before we got married!

Kari said...

Thanks for the email to switch over! Love the 14 sunburn :o)

Isn't Amberly cute? She has the biggest cheeks! I can't wait for Brandi to start posting about her and all her cute outfits!

Have a great night!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a super fun trip. How nice to take just one and spend such great quality time.