Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Family Day

Over the weekend we enjoyed a family day.  Sunday the hubby decided to take us to a friends lake for a little fishing and fun in the woods.  It was fun, but let me tell you, it was H-O-T!!  It is almost October, I am ready to say goodbye to temps in the high nineties.  Anyway, the lake was just beautiful and the kids caught lots of fish.  I didn't catch anything, but I never do!
I was impressed with babyG and her outdoor skills.  She can put her own cricket on her hook.  (Thank goodness, because I CANNOT.)

We fished off of this dock for quite a while, and then we decided to get in the tiny boats and go further out in the lake.  Big10 and his dad really enjoyed fishing from the boats.  BabyG and I had fun rowing our boat all over the place.
(That's a whopper isn't it?!?)

I am still having a hard time getting this boy to pose for photos.  So I have to post shots like this one.
We stayed until after dark and it was so pretty and peaceful out there.  The moon was so beautiful reflecting off of the water.
The best part of the day for me was when babyG said. . . .
"This is the best family day ever!"



11 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

My dad used to take us fishing...it was so fun. I haven't taken my kids yet. I need to. Loved that last shot with the sunset. Beautiful.

He & Me + 3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
He & Me + 3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
He & Me + 3 said...

My dad used to take us fishing...it was so fun. I haven't taken my kids yet. I need to. Loved that last shot with the sunset. Beautiful.

CM said...

Oh, what a nice day! And babyG's comment at the end...melt your heart!

Great shots. I know what you mean about trying to capture your kiddo. Bribes...that's what I do!

Rachel said...

I still can't get over the part where she puts her own cricket on her hook... I'm impressed!

Looks like an awesome family day!

Ashley said...

Looks like great fun! My son won't pose for pics either . :)

Fashion Mommy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm a new follower, love your blog!

Tara G. said...

Tina, this sounds divine right now! We took my parents camping in Alaska when we first married and I casually asked my dad to hand me a line while we were out in the canoe. I threw it out and almost immediately pulled in a fairly large catch while my husband caught nada! :) He redeemed himself later on, though!

Brandi said...

Wow, I'm impressed too... that BabyG can do anything, I think! ;) I guess you gotta take what you can get with Big10 and pics. That one's not too bad, actually. He has gorgeous eyes. Sounds like a great day! :)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Looks like it was a PERFECT day!!!