Saturday, September 18, 2010

35th Year Goodies

As you all know I celebrated my 35th birthday last Sunday.  I raved about my homemade cookie cake but forgot to mention the lovely gifts that my husband purchased for me.
A new pair of shoes.  What a practical gift, but I LOVE them!!  Now, the shoe that you see in this picture is not actually the original shoe he picked for me.  But hey, it is the thought that counts.  And the shoes were a great idea!!  So after a little trading, this is what I ended up with.

And this GREAT purse!  I have had my eye on this purse for several weeks and was so hoping to get it for my birthday.  And in the end, I did get the purse.

And don't forget about the matching wallet.  I love this wallet, it reminds me of the change purse my mom had when I was a little girl.  Except this one has a slot for my drivers license, and credit card pockets inside.  AWESOME!!  And wouldn't you know it, babyG loves it too.  Didn't hubby do a fantastic job?
He really knows how to get under my skin and push my buttons, but he also knows how to make me smile when no one else can.

Well, I'm in store for a busy night.  BabyG has a friend coming for a sleepover tonight and I may possibly be sending Big10 across the street to sleep.  CC got some new Xbox games or something, all I know is those boys are excited!!

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

20 comments:

Jules said...

I think every girl needs a red purse! Sassy! Great gifts! I hope your birthday was lovely. :)

Brandi said...

Ooh girl! LOVE the purse! Is it a Liz? I couldn't tell, but it looks like it. My all-time fave purses. I haven't carried a purse in... I can't even remember how long. DB got me a hot pink Liz and matching wallet for our anniversary, maybe 5 years ago? Def time for a new one. ;)

The shoes are great too. I'm glad you had a nice birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

New follower from Relax and Surf Sunday. Glad to have come by, I will look forward to reading more. I'm also following you via Twitter. I'm @islandhoney29

Great blog you have here.

Marie
The Things We Find Inside

Hanna said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from relax n surf Sunday. Lovely Blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That's a great purse. Following from R n' Surf Sundays... Hope you had a great weekend! We're in AL too, btw, but we're huge FL Gator Fans! Talk about out of place! Haha!

Megryansmom said...

I've arrived from Relax and Surf Sunday and I'm your newest follower, stop by and visit if you can.

LeeAnn said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! You're husband did a great job! My husband wouldn't even attempt to buy me a purse. ;-)

Thanks for linking up with us for Relax & Surf Sunday! I'm following you back. If you participate in Wordless Wednesday every week, stop by and link up with me this week. I hope you're having a great weekend!

Mommyhood Mayhem said...

Hi! Found you on the Sunday Blog hop!We're your newest follower! We are looking forward to exploring your blog some more--it looks fun!
Come visit us when you have the chance!

Lenore
www.mommyhoodmayhem.com

Pam Bowers said...

Great gifts! I love the purse. Those shoes have treadmill written all over them. (hubs finally cleaned and dusted off my treadmill. I guess I have to use it now. lol)

April said...

following you from relax and surf, i would love a follow back :) loving your blog! happy birthday... you got great gifts :)

best,
april

www.marineparents.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Hi, new follower from MBC. Happy Birthday!

Ashley
www.ashleyplus3.com

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Sorry for the quick comment, running behind and wanted to let you know I am following you.

Thanks for linking up at Relax and Surf Sunday

Colleen
www.shibleysmiles.com

Marci said...

What a sweet husband! Happy late birthday :-) I am now following you too.

www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I gave you an award over at my blog, I hope you'll come check it out!

Ashley
www.ashleyplus3.com

Maddox Muay Thai said...

OH how I'm lovin that red bag!!!!

Your blog is "lovely" and you have an award waiting for you on my blog! Come by and pick it up when you get a chance!

Warm Regards,
Jen Maddox
http://www.TheSunnySideWalk.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I am a follower and I look forward to your updated posts.

I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award and would love for you to come by and pick it up when you have time. Here is the direct link: http://blumerlamotte.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a wonderful evening!

Annie
Maximum Chaos: www.blumerlamotte.blogspot.com

He & Me + 3 said...

What great gifts. I love that purse. CUTE.
Happy Late Birthday.

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I've been on the lookout for a red purse for a while. Really thinking about a Miche bag. Just gotta have a red purse! :)

I'm a new follower and when I came by I was struck with how pretty your blog is. It's SO nice! So, I've given you an award! Come by and pick it up - Isn't She Lovely

Nice to 'meet' you! :)

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

lol, I didn't see Jennie's award before I posted my award for you - so there's double proof: you are award worthy! :)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

My husband gave me a new pair of running shoes our first Christmas as a married couple... it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Now if I could get him to get me a purse like that for Christmas this year, that would be AWESOME! Although, by this Christmas, I'll just be back to carrying a diaper bag!