Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010

We spent the past week at Garden City Beach in South Carolina.  We really had a lot of fun.  We always go to the Gulf beaches but decided to try something new this year.  The only big worry that was on our mind was the drive.  But it turned out that the drive was not all that bad after all.  The kids did really well on the way there and on the way back.  It's a miracle!!
I have SO MANY pictures to post that I think I will break it up into several different post.  This one is "Fun on the beach~ Part I".

First off, the beaches were C-R-O-W-D-E-D.  I have only seen beaches this crowded on television.  I could not believe it!!

The waves were much bigger than what we are accustomed to.  So the kids took advantage of the waves by spending a lot of time on the body board.

This wave wiped Big 10 out!!





They also spent a lot of time skimming.  Baby G got a skim board on this trip and she tried her best, but still could not match the skills of her brother.

She tried really hard, and looked really cute doing it.



They loved the pool at the condo.  You could swim from the outside to the inside, so it was a lot of fun.
I really LOVE the beach, but I am kind of happy to be home.
School is starting on Tuesday!!!  I can't believe that summer is over.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Great pics! Wow...the beach was crowded! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. :) Good luck getting things ready for school! I can't believe summer is over already. Before we know it, it'll be Christmas!

Pam @ Kassie's Beach said...

Makes me want a beach vacation...(even though I can drive to the beach in a 1/2 hour). Our beaches are always that crowded. That's why I adore the east coast beaches. Can't wait to see more pics.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

So glad that you had a great trip! Can't wait to see more pics! And you should have seen the beach earlier in July... it was three times as crowded as that picture!

junkermidge said...

Wow! Looks like you had such a great vacation. I guess everyone else had the same idea!
Midge

He & Me + 3 said...

We love the beach too. Super cute pictures. So crisp. Love BabyG's swim suit. Adorable.