Last weekend the kids were invited to a brother/sister joint birthday party. This family lives in the c-o-u-n-t-r-y. I mean way out there! They had the birthday party out on some of their land, the kids swam in the pond, did a little fishing, and had fun on a HUGE slip-n-slide. It was absolutely beautiful out there, and SO peaceful. I have a few pictures from the day. . .
The water slide was fun. All the kids just loved it!! I wanted to go down the slide SO bad, but I decided to act like a grown up.
The boys had fun chicken fighting in the water. Isn't that what this is called?
Baby G spent quite a bit of time relaxing in the hammock.
And what else do you do in the country? Swim with the horses of course. . .
I have a few more pictures of the horses to share in another post. They were so pretty and so sweet. It just made me happy to watch them throughout the day.
I am so excited that we have an extended weekend coming up. I am really looking forward to some good eating, a little swimming, and a whole bunch of fireworks.
What are you doing to celebrate Independence Day?
4 comments:
Sounds wonderful! :) We are having company this weekend afterall. We're going to grill out hamburgers, potato salad, and fresh grilled corn. YUM! Our neighbor and his girlfriend are going to join us too... and I think Pop is smuggling in some of the 'good' fireworks on his drive down here. ;)
Hope y'all have a great 4th!
Wow that is in the country when the horses swim with you. How fun. Looks like they were having a ball & everyone was just doing what made them happy. Great pictures...you are working that camera.
What a fun birthday party! I would have chickened out too on going on the slip and slide...well, unless it was in my OWN yard!
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Fun! Look at that slip n slide. And there is nothing better then a good hammock!
Post a Comment