Guess what I got?
I finally got a D S L R camera. I got the Canon XS, the picture above is the bundle I got at Best Buy. The camera, the bag, and the extra lens. Now, I need your help. Please comment and let me know what your favorite photography blog/site's are. I need all the help and instruction that I can get with this thing.
My first task is to learn how to get the blurry background. I know how, kind of, but I haven't gotten a good one yet. So I think I need more help.
Also, I am interested in purchasing some editing software. What do you recommend? I would like to be able to edit my pictures to look as if they were taken by a professional photographer. The goal here is to be able to photograph my children myself, rather than spending boo-koodles of money paying someone else to do it.
I am so excited. I have a feeling you will be seeing lots of pictures on this blog in the months to come. Hopefully some GREAT ones!! Any tips that you have to offer will be appreciated!!
5 comments:
pioneerwoman.com
has a whole photography section with step by step instructions...she calls that blurry effect a Bokeh.
Have fun!
A good camera makes EVERYTHING easy :D
Definitely I heart faces can help to answer some of those questions.
Congrats on your new toy. I recommend that you read the manual. It can be confusing but it does really help to identify all the cameras features. Play play and play with it. You will get better everyday:)
So happy for you.
then make sure you go to the RIGHT site..... http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/
SO sorry about the typo on the first comment! Enjoy
I SOOOOOOOO want a new camera! I'm lusting after the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, but my husband is telling me no way are we going to spend that kind of money on a camera! I have a feeling that I will be able to wear him down before the new baby arrives... maybe a new camera is what I can convince him I have to have for a "I'm giving birth to your child" present!!!
Congrats on your new camera! I love my Canon 20D. The easiest way to get that blurry background is to set it on portrait. You should have a little person's head on your dial (same place it shows an "M", automatic, etc... Even if you're not taking a portrait, it will blur out the background and whatever you focus on will be clear. The Pioneer Woman and I heart faces are great sites. I love Alchemy Junk too. She post a lot of info on Photoshop and DSLR trick. Have fun with your camera. I ordered the 75-300 mm lens tonight, can't wait til it comes in.
Post a Comment