Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bye-Bye Baseball

Saturday night our baseball season officially came to an end.  This season has been a LONG one with alot of downs, and not very many ups.  We are all so glad that it is over, and looking forward to a better, more positive season next year. 
 So, no more baseball bats. . . .
No more long scoreless innings. . .
No more warm-ups.  Although Big10 is SO CUTE when he is on the field.  And he really loves the game.  Our coach this year was really hard to deal with, and I thought he was really going to damage Big10's love for the game.  Near the end of the season we had some really rough times, and Big10 decided that he could just brush it all off and still have fun.  He did such a good job of showing up and doing his best for the team, and he did not let the negativity get him down anymore.  I am so proud of you big10!!  You are maturing more and more each day.
These two pictures are from our last regular season game.  We started the tournament last Tuesday night and lost 7-8.  They played really hard, but just came up short.  Saturday they were ready to play for the win.  But it didn't work out in our favor. 
Here is a shot of Big10 waiting for our game to start lastnight.  The tournament games go a minimum of 6 innings, no time limit.  The game before us went into 8 innings, I think.  Both teams were playing to stay in the tournament, and it got pretty intense.  I was really happy with the team that won.
Our game seemed to last FOREVER.  The game did not start until 9pm, (instead of 7:30) and the boys came off the field at 11:25pm.  Tired and disappointed ball players is not a good scene.
BabyG slept for most of the game.  She was not feeling well at all, and she is still under the weather.
They only have 3 days of school left, and she is very sad to be missing tomorrow for a sick day.
I have so many things I need to post on here. . . .I did not do a good job this week of staying more updated, did I?  Maybe this time around will be better. :)  HA!  We will see. . . .

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a busy week! I'm glad your boy ended up enjoying it despite the negativity... what maturity!

Great shots! Hope the little miss feels better soon!

Martha said...

I am so sorry to hear that there was negativity with the coach. We have experienced situations like that and it's just frustrating when you just want your child to have fun and enjoy whatever they are doing. I think some coaches make that difficult. I will be praying that Big G keeps enjoying the game and that next season is a good one for you. I will also be praying that Baby G gets well and can enjoy her last few days of school. :-)

Emily said...

Rough that it was a hard season. They're just kids...some people have a hard time remembering that!
Our last game is this Thursday. I'm glad and sad to see the season end for us!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am sorry that the season was not all it should have been. That is hard to deal with. Hoping next year is better and hoping that your baby girl is better too. Poor thing. She is so cute and Big10 does look handsome in his uniform.