Friday, May 14, 2010

Blue Angels 2010

I'm not exactly sure why I am always a week behind on posting things, but I am working to improve this, I promise!  Last weekend I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
The Blue Angels were in Ttown for the second year in a row.  Last year we missed the Air Show on Sunday, the weather just would not allow them to fly.  I am so glad we got to see it this year, it was AWESOME!!  This was the first Air Show I have ever seen.  I feel like I may have went to some as a child at the beach, but I have no memories of it.  I hope my kids will remember their first Air Show.  If they forget, I guess they can come back here and read all about it, huh?
The airport is just a couple of miles from the ballpark, so we had the weekend off from baseball.  Big10 had a relaxing weekend, maybe he will be well rested for the tournament starting Monday.  Our last regular season game is tomorrow and then we will find out where we are in the tournament bracket.  Big10 is still not posing for pictures. . . .this is the best I could do.  I love that sweet freckled nose, the freckles are the only thing he inherited from me.
Of course the noise and speed of the jets were right up Baby G's alley.  She is WILD!!
Nana & Paw Paw joined us at the Air Show.  Then Sunday we went to my MIL's for lunch with my husbands sister and brother and their families.  My MIL got me a Yankee Candle Smelly Stick thing.  I'm not sure what they are called, but it is the jar with liquid, and you put the sticks down in there???  I have never smelled such goodness.  It is in the living room and I can smell it on the other side of the house.  I MUST always have one from here on out!  If you don't have one, go get one!!
I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well.  Maybe this next week I can keep the blog current.

We'll see.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun time. I love that you said BabyG is wild. Her and Stunt man would hit it off so well. :)
I love yankee candles. YUM

Rachel said...

Sorry... I was all excited about the Blue Angels, then started cracking up about the Smelly Stick Thing, LOL! :)

We love the Blue Angels too! Aren't they just amazing! So glad you got to enjoy it!

Brandi said...

How pathetic is it that we have STILL never seen the Blue Angels?? We caught them practicing one afternoon when we were driving across the P'cola bridge and I was freaking out. It was SO cool. I'd probably be hollering right along with babyG!

I had a small smelly stick thing. I got it in a gift bag at church when I told everyone I was pregnant with Ladybub. I think its what you're talking about... I'd never seen one before and didn't really know what it was. Mine was vanilla, though, and I'm not really fond of vanilla. I had to throw it out b/c I didn't like the smell. :( OR, it could have just been a 'pregnant nose' reaction.