This afternoon I had an appointment scheduled for an eye exam. My first one since 2007!! Needless to say, the doctor gave me a little slap on the wrist. I absolutely could not wait another minute to go, I have been down to one pair of contacts for about 7 months now. . .NO SPARE. . .NO BACKUP GLASSES!! I am happy to tell you all that I will have a new pair of funky, cute black & pink glasses in about a week. The doctor did tell me that it will take a significant amount of time wearing my glasses to get my eyes back into shape. He says I have "blood vessel growth" on my cornea's. Apparently when you wear the same pair of 2 week disposable contacts for months at at time, it robs your cornea's of oxygen. I somehow did not remember this fact from the two years that I worked for an Optometrist myself. So, wish me luck on repairing my cloudy cornea's!! I did however, escape having my eyes dilated. He was not too happy about that either, and demanded that next year I MUST have it done. I have not allowed him to dilate my eyes since 2006.
Other than that, not alot is going on here. The kids are in day camp this week, actually their last day will be tomorrow. They will be out with their dad next week until school starts back on Thursday. Today they went swimming at one of the indoor pools, and tomorrow they are going to eat lunch at a Pizza place. Fun times, they are LOVING it.
Also, I have a new blogging spot. I have relocated the desk into the living room. I have just given up on trying to have a nice, decorated living room. It's just not working for me. 2010 is the year for being functional in this home.
Last but not least, this weekend the highs are supposed to be in the thirties!!! WHAT!? Are you kidding me James Spann? Isn't this the deep South???? It looks like I may very well be spending the first day of the new year by the fireplace in my pajama's. I'll keep you posted.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your eye visit. That is not good. Can't wait to see the new specs. I had to wear glasses for a few months back in college because I let my eyes get bad. My doctor let me have it too:(
Try and stay warm.
Oh dear... same here. No oxygen to my eyes. I seriously try SO HARD to change them every two weeks! I did really good this year. I was positive I would be put in glasses though....just cuz I can't afford them! LOL Luckily, he gave me another Rx for contacts. My Rx changed dramatically though. My glasses are so old that when I put them on I get dizzy! I've made a vow to take them out EVERY night to give my eyes some O2. Maybe get some new glasses in the new year.
And functional living is the way to go! I believe all things should be functional. :) my two cents.
It's 65 tomorrow...come visit! ;)
Ya know, I wore glasses for years. I had to have a pair (very light prescription) to get my license when I was 18. After that, I used them only when I was driving at night. I had blue contacts briefly, but my eyes are very dry and the contacts stuck to the inside of my lids and moved every time I blinked. Ugh. Anyhow, my point to this very long story... I went last year to the eye doc for an exam 'cause I hadn't had one in YEARS. I couldn't find my glasses and hadn't driven at night in YEARS either. I seriously CANNOT see in the dark, and guess what? He said I have 20/20 vision and would not write me a script for new glasses! Weird, huh?
Stay warm! Didn't you get yourself a Snuggie too? HAHA! :)
It's been a while since I've gone to the dentist and I dread going though I take good care of my teeth. Who knows what they'll say and I hate that!!!
Following from MBC!
Post a Comment