Happy New Year everyone!! I can't believe another year has come and gone. I have read alot and heard alot of people talking about what a bad year 2009 was for them. Economy wise, it was hard I guess, but personally our year was pretty decent. My family has been extremely blessed, and I'm not quite sure that we deserve it at times. Both myself and the hubby are lucky to have jobs with two great companies. We never really had to worry about lay offs and such, when so many people were losing work. I am really appreciative of everything that comes our way, and plan to spend alot of time in 2010 counting my blessings!!
As far as resolutions go, I don't really know why I make them. Like so many people I state them out loud and never think of them again!! Maybe if I actually type them out for all the world to see, it will help me stick to it. So, here it goes. . . {not in order of importance, but just what comes to mind}
1. Get organized ~ Organization is always an issue in this home. None of us are organized in the least way. Starting today, I am working to get things in order.
2. Spend more time in prayer and more time reading/studying my Bible ~ I started out last year doing pretty well with the studying part, but I didn't keep it up the way I should have throughout the year. I am also thinking of keeping a spiritual/prayer journal this year.
3. Join the Gym ~ The hubby has already joined back at the beginning of December and has lost a noticeable amount of weight and he is feeling great. I definitely need to exercise more, and just take better care of myself in general.
4. Make a HUGE effort to be a better wife and mother. I know I am not the easiest person to live with, and I want to change that in every way. I think all three of the things above will help make this better over all. I read in an article one time that marriage is giving 100% of yourself at all times without expecting anything in return. That has really stuck with me and I am going to try to use that as my "motto".
Wish me luck people, I'm going to need it to accomplish all of these things. Atleast I have an entire year to get it done, huh?
Now I am off to start cooking the black eyed peas and cabbage, and start organizing of course!!
Enjoy your first day of 2010!!!
10 comments:
I can say a big amen to your list too. THat is a good one for me as well.
Have a blessed New Year. My In-laws make black eyed peas and cabbage every new year.
Thanks for stopping over at my blog. You have an adorable blog. I'm following now too.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! :)
Sounds like a very good list. Some of those I have as well. :-)
Wish I could help you organize! I love organizing!! :)
Good list!
Good idea on the journal...maybe you could do a mini-blog devoted to spiritual issues/biblical study?? Just for yourself?
Good motto, too. Couldn't we all be a little better wives and mothers?!
Number 2 is always one of my resolutions and I alwasy feel like I fail at it. I'm hoping this year that I can set specific small goals for myself instead of that one arbitrary goal that I fail to meet!
I hope you achieve your resolutions as well! Happy New Year
You are blessed to have stable jobs. Where ever you both work I want my hubby to apply.
cheri
Getting and staying organized would just be amazing!
I hope you all are enjoying 2010 so far!
Nice to see a fellow Christian Mommy blogger.
Found you @ MBC!
Post a Comment