Wow, we have been so busy this weekend that I feel like I just need a time out so I can breathe! That is what I am doing now.
It all started for me with Friday. We had our year end inventory at my work scheduled for this weekend. Of all the weekends, it had to be the weekend that we celebrate Thanksgiving with extended family, the opening of New Moon, the end of the season football party, and the hubby's birthday. Luckily, I was not required to work today (Saturday) due to overtime limits. I did work Friday night until about 7:30. After I left work, I ran by the church to pick Big10 up from his monthly Bible study and then we headed to Wal-Mart to pick up the things that I needed for our family Thanksgiving lunch. This morning I woke up bright and early to start cooking. I was in charge of the Mac & Cheese, and I also made Hashbrown Casserole for the first time. The casserole was a success and I will definitely make it again sometime soon. We left early from the family gathering to make the hour and a half drive back to our side of town to arrive at the football party fashionably late. The boys played football almost the entire time!! They grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and also had homemade fries and onion rings. Of course, I could not even look at the food after eating such a big lunch. When it got dark they had a HUGE fireworks show. I'm not sure that these fireworks were even legal, they were GREAT!!!
After the party the boys came home to watch Fred Claus. (Have I ever mentioned that I ♥ Vince Vaughn in a major way?!?) BabyG is spending the night with Nana tonight, so I had a night to myself and took advantage of it. I made a quick trip to Ulta to pick up some more makeup, and I walked into Old Navy just to look around. Well, Old Navy has their puffy vest on sale for $10.00 right now!! I have been wanting one for a while, but did not really want to spend $30 on something that I might not wear that often. But hey, $10 is right up my alley, so I got one in Brown. Yay!
Tomorrow is the hubby's 35th birthday, so I will get up early to make a surprise cake for him. Then I have to meet my MIL, aunt, and babyG to head to Trussville for my SIL's baby tea. I think we are stopping for lunch on the way. So, tomorrow should be another busy, but fun day!!
I hope everyone else is having a great weekend as well!!
Is anyone else out there, just itching to get your Christmas decorations up? Maybe I am behind????
3 comments:
Mine are up ~ tree and all! ;)
I have started, but am ready to have it all done!I LOVE Christmas decor! It's my favorite time of year!!!!!
My decorations are packed away, ready for the movers to inventory and put them in a crate... I did just buy the prettiest little ornaments that look like frosted cookies- snowflakes and trees with white frosting and little pearls all over. I put them on a plate in the china cabinet to enjoy for a few days!
Post a Comment