Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pretty in Pink

As you all know, babyG took a spill at school on Monday. She headed off to school yesterday morning refusing to wear her sling, and dealing with a very worried mommy. She did great though, and I only emailed her teacher 100 times. She left school early to make it to her appointment at the orthopedic clinic. And to no one's surprise, she came home in a cast. A very bold neon pink cast at that!
Babyg is one proud chic right now. She is the first one in her class to be sportin' a cast. She is SO COOL!!
Not only is she the cool girl in class with a neon pink cast, but she also gets to skip P.E.
Today she stayed in with her teacher and she was allowed to play some rhyming word games on the computer. She does not mind getting special attention.
This is what the cast looked like after a day spent with sharpie happy kindergarten friends. Somehow she managed to find room around MY ginormous words for all of her classmates and her teacher to sign their names.
Now we are all looking forward to a no drama weekend. Tomorrow night we are having a backyard bond fire and making smores. . . . .YUMMY!! Saturday night we will be playing football on our home field, finally no more travel games. And next week I am off work ALL WEEK. I am really looking forward to some time off, and have alot of projects and task planned to keep me busy. I am not so happy that I am being FORCED to take this week unpaid, due to the economy. But I am thankful for my job and I know it could be alot worse. So I am going to take the time and make the most of it!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Kristens Creations said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway! I really appreciate it. Your little girl is adorable! I'm sorry she hurt her arm, but at least she's getting special treatment! Thanks again, Kristen

Sue said...

Hi Tina, Thanks for visiting my fall decorating post yesterday. I'm glad you were able to glean a few ideas for some fall sprucing, as well. Sorry your little girl has an "owie." She's a big hit at school with her cast, huh? What kids don't think is cool! LOL hope you'll be back for another visit sometime.
:-) Sue

Brandi said...

She's so cute! Enjoy your week off. I can't wait to see the rest of your decorations. :)

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Enjoy your week off and I love love love her cute cast. How fun to have everyone sign it...even the teacher. Thanks for stopping by the 5 moms blog today and for leaving a comment there too.
Mimi

Laurie said...

Hope you do enjoy your time off!! Take it as a blessing to relax and renew! Baby G looks so cute, I mean so cool in her hot pink cast!

The DIY Show Off said...

Poor babyG but that cast is cool. Sorry to hear about your week. :( Have a great one and enjoy!

Roeshel

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Tina,
It's so nice to meet you! I really appreciate your kind visit today. You are always welcome!

I'm so sorry about your daughter's arm. Ouch! She is just precious.

Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
~Melissa :)

Jenny said...

She's so cute. My daughter is in Kindergarten as well. I remember LOVING when I could get out of P.E.!