Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dining at the Killer Cafe

**Edited to link to Show Us Your Life @ Kelly's Korner**
**Joining the Virtual Tour of Homes (Fall) at Tip Junkie**

Were you beginning to wonder if I was ever REALLY going to do any Halloween decorating? I have been talking about it for days. . . . .and I finally have some things to share with you.
I have completed the Halloween decorating in the kitchen and I LOVE it!! For the month of October or kitchen will be referred to as the "Killer Cafe". No, it is not because of my cooking, it is because of my inspiration piece. My Dollar Tree sign from last year.
See. . . . .
I think the skeleton garland adds a nice spooky touch. (Also a Dollar Tree find!!)
For the table I am using some of that spooky netting as a table runner, and my candles are a yummy smelling pumpkin spice surrounded by candy corn.

What do you think? I love the way this looks and am planning to leave these out through Thanksgiving. I'll just change out the ribbon.

I just LOVE Halloween decor, but always have a hard time finding a good balance. I don't want anything too scary. I think the kitchen is just right, the kids love it, and it just looks fun & festive.
I hung this cutie-patootie kitty sign up on the china cabinet. Guess where I got it?

So, y'all let me know what you think!! I have also been working today on my outdoor decorations and I am really pleased so far. I'll be back later this week with more pictures to share!! For now, I am about to go to the cafe for some Monster Munchies!!

**Now if you are interested in seeing more Fall/Halloween homes, go over to Tip Junkie for Teach me Thursday!**




12 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love your decorations and the candy corns in the candles are super cute. Love it all.

Brandi said...

Ok, the candy corn in the candle is COOL! GREAT idea. Everything looks so cute... I mean, scary! ;)

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog the other day! I agree with the other commenters; the candy corn/candle idea is adorable. Love it!

Jason said...

I love it!! That killer kitchen sign is fabulous.

Lauren said...

What a great idea with the spooky netting as the table runner! What a great idea! I have been hearing so much about Dollar Tree Halloween finds, I think I just might have to pay a visit.

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

I am a huge fan of the $ store too. I love your table runner and those candy corn candles. Such a fun and cute idea!

Lorie said...

VERY cute! I love the gauzy netting! I may have to look for some of that!

And that sign from last year, my son would have LOVED IT!!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

What a great idea for a table runner and I love the centerpiece. Going to have to get some candy corn to decorate with now!

Michelle said...

I love the table decor! Anything with candy is good for me!

Heather said...

Hi! I featured you on my blog, The Gift Closet today. Cute Halloween decor!! Feel free to snag a "I Was Featured @ The Gift Closet" button if you'd like. Have a blessed day! :)

Heather
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

pk @ Room Remix said...

I like your candy corn with candles and your kitty is adorable!
pk @ Room Remix

Jamie said...

Killer cafe? What a FABULOUS idea. I love the idea of a Halloween decorated kitchen because many of us just focus on front doors, mantles, tables, etc. What a neat idea and great dollar store bargains as well.