Saturday, August 22, 2009

Game Day

We started this beautiful Saturday bright and early at 5am, ready to hit the road for some football. I know that is crazy early!! We don't get up that early on the work/school days around here. Our first game was about an hour away from the school, so we all met at the there at 7, got our uniforms, and then headed to the game.
I confirmed that I seriously know NOTHING about the game of football. I have got to learn quick. I felt like I was watching through a cloud of smoke!! I had no idea what was happening, who was winning, who had the ball, etc., etc., etc. I even had to ask what position Big10 was playing. He played at defensive end today. Imagine that, who would of thought Big10 would play on defense. He was a nervous wreck!!! But after he got out there and made his first tackle, he seemed to settle into the whole idea of this sport. He actually made two really good tackles. He took down the one carrying the ball, and actually made them loose some yardage. Of course, I did not know this until the hubs informed me!! Who knows if he did what he was supposed to do, but it worked out for the good.

I seeing the boys in their uniforms. We ended up losing the game, but our boys were way cuter!! BabyG was up and down the bleachers, going to the bathroom, the concession stand, playing with bugs, and swinging from the railings like a monkey the entire game. Thank goodness it was short!!
There he is!!! Big10 on the field for his debut!!
After his first tackle he was standing on the sidelines holding his hand out to a buddy to show him how bad he was shaking!!

I really don't even know what the score was, possibly 14-8.
But I was VERY proud of my baby, and so happy that he is no longer scared to get out there & play!!
I'll meet you here next Saturday for more Ram's football coverage. Stay tuned.




3 comments:

Brandi said...

5:00 a.m.??!!! Wow! I ♥ the pics. :)

Gwen said...

How fun!

Martha's Favorites said...

Big 10 is adorable. What a proud Mama you are! I remember feeling the same way when my son would go play football. He did a lot of bench warming and he still love it! Martha