Monday, August 31, 2009



Alright, yes it is a Manic Monday. I am posting twice in one night, and it is VERY late right now!! What am I thinking!!?? I am joining Amber for Friend Makin Monday. This week, she has chosen 20 questions to answer that will help our friends get to know us a little better. Sounds like fun, huh? Here it goes. . .
1. Do you cook every night?
Yes, I do. Sometimes it may be something very quick and microwavable, but always something. We live too far out of town to eat out easily. And, I'm just cheap like that.
2. What kind of Laundry detergent do you use?
Okay, I had to go look!! I really don't like many things that are related to laundry. But, we use Purex 2x concentrated.
3. Do you laundry everyday or loads at a time?
Normally, we do at least one load each night. My washer has a timer that allows me to set it to a delayed start. That helps me to get a little more done. Right now we are ALWAYS washing jerseys and football pants.
4. How often do you eat out per week?
We rarely eat out at night, only on "special" nights. For lunch, I will eat out 2 to 3 times a week, but I prefer to pack a lunch.
5. Where do you usually eat out?
Our family favorite is Applebee's. But of course we normally eat at McDonalds!
6. What is your favorite retail store?
Target, of course.
7. What is your favorite thing to drink?
Sweet Tea or Dr. Pepper
8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
Sometimes I take Flinstones v's with the kids.
9. What percentage of the household chores do you do?
98% blah!! :(
10. Do your children do chores? {or will they, did they, etc.?}
Yes, we have recently started chore charts. Right now they are working on the other 2%.
Big10 does trash, BabyG does some sweeping and table setting, and of course they both pick up in their rooms.
11. Do you go to church?
Yes, but we have been out of church for several months now. We are currently looking for a church that is not so far from our home. I really miss being in church on a regular basis!!
12. Do you have a housework schedule?
What's a schedule? I need one terribly!! Just come take a look, and you will agree!!
13. Do you keep a working budget?
No, we do not even balance our check book. This is a "needs work" area.
14. What do you do at night as a family?
Normally atleast one of the kids will have a practice, game, etc. On off nights, we like to rent movies, or watch an old favorite.
15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I clean house on the weekends and try to get everything organized. All of the organization has normally disappeared mid-week.
16. What do your mornings look like?
Mornings are not friendly around here. Neither of the kids, or myself are morning people!! Everyone is tired and grumpy. The alarm for me goes off at 5:45, I get up and shower and get the kids up by 6:30. We leave anywhere between 7:25 and 7:45 to get to school. It just depends on that morning whether we are early or right on time. I arrive at work at 8:30am.
17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
Like I said above, the alarm goes off at 5:45am, but I don't always get up then. I MUST be up NO LATER than 6:10am.
18. What time do you go to bed at night?
I like to be in bed at 9pm, it is past my bedtime right now. It takes me a REALLY long time to shut my mind off and actually fall asleep though.
19. How do you manage all the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, schoolwork, magazines, ads, etc.}
Luckily, the hubby does most of this. I only have to handle the school work. I look it over and keep the very special stuff, and toss the rest in the trash.
20. How do you keep your household organized? {Charts, Calendars, etc.}
CALENDARS!!! I write EVERYTHING on the calendar, and then I write notes to remind myself to check the calendar!! :)
Well, I hope you enjoyed this brief look into the mess of me!!! I am heading back over to Amber's to see how everyone else handles these daily issues. Maybe I can find some good ideas!! Wish me luck!!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

So nice to meet you. The morning routine is a blessing. I often feel though that maybe if I had been a morning person I'd get more done. It just happens for me later in the day. Happy week!!!

Courtney K. said...

Stop by my blog. I have something for you :)