Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's Thrifty TREASURES

It's Monday, and I am participating in Today's Thrifty Treasures over at Southern Hospitality with the lovely Rhoda and all the other thrifty blog gals out there. This weekend was a GREAT weekend of free treasures for me. My mom was cleaning and getting rid of alot of stuff that she no longer wanted. Mostly, she doesn't have the space for all her stuff anymore. I acquired some things that I have wanted since I was a little girl. I remember looking in the china cabinet and adoring all of her "fancy" stuff. And now, she has passed some of it along to me. These things truly are Treasures!! Full of memories that all the money in the world could never buy!! First, the silver tea set. It is in desperate need of some polish. I found this in the bottom of her china cabinet where it has been for atleast 20 years!! My mil is worried that this will never shine again, but I am going to do my best!!
I also got another silver platter and silver bowl. I think this would be a nice chip/dip server. But I am pretty sure these will be for display only in my home.

Above is another serving tray that stands on these little legs!! How cute is that??!!
And one of my faves, a less expensive silver platter that I can use to make a larger chalkboard platter!!!


Last, but not least. She gave me these two little ladies. These ladies are in my memory as far back as memories go for me!! I have always LOVED them and thought they were so pretty in the china cabinet with the other "fancy" stuff. Now they are in my china cabinet for my daughter to adore!! And she LOVES them of course!!!
Thanks for checking out my Thrifty (freebie, hand me down) Treasures!! Now, head back over to Rhoda's to get a link to all the other treasures out there!!

9 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tina, those are some precious things you got from your mom. How special for you to enjoy them with your own daughter now.

Gwen said...

Hand me down treasures are the best:)

Mrs.N said...

Love, love, love everything! What treasures you received!

Phillips Phamily Mama said...

My girls would really love and appreciate those "fancy" ladies, too! Sweet memories to be made with them!

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

Awesome finds and even more awesome they came from your mom, how neat! Love love love that tea set! And those trays and little ladies are so neat! I love old trays like that!

Cindy said...

I love anything silver! Those are great finds. I like the old fashioned ladies, too. So pretty. Hugs ~cindy s~

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love fancy stuff! :)

Sandy said...

Those are beautiful treasures, so special. Enjoy

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Enjoy your day :)
~Michelle
(Treasure the Moment)