Saturday, July 11, 2009

Surprises. . . .

How many of you remember the junk party that Kennesha hosted over at Me & My House??
I don't know if any of you remember that I was a winner!!! Well, when Kennesha emailed me she requested that the prize remain a surprise. It was really hard for me not to ask her what it was, or ask for some hints or something. However, I am so glad I waited. I had no idea what to expect, and this is what I received in the mail. . . . . . .

Bookends! I would have never guessed this. But they are LOVELY!! And, to make this even better. . . I do not have any bookends!! AWESOME!!
Thank you Kennesha! You are the sweetest!!

Also, in other "Adventure news", my mom is moving from her old home and she is getting rid of ALOT of stuff. Today, I picked up an antique wardrobe that belonged to my grandmother. I will post some pic's as soon as I get it cleaned up and in place. I also acquired a full set of china, a silver tea set, and another inexpensive silver platter that I can use for a chalkboard. Needless to say, this has been a pretty exciting weekend for me!!

These flowers came from my mom's too. She gave me enough to make an arrangement for my living room as well. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share soon!!
Hope you guys are enjoying your weekend!!













3 comments:

Gwen said...

Those bookends are great!

Kira said...

Cute blog! and awesome bookends :)

-Kira
spiceupeverydaylife.blogspot.com

Me & My House said...

don't know how I missed this post...yes I do...anyhow, thanks for the love and I am thrilled that you LOVE them too. Hope you found the perfect space for them. Love you!