Today I am joining the blog party over at Kelly's. It is Show Us Your Wedding Dress Day. I have tried SO hard to get a picture scanned of my dress. My scanner is not cooperating and I don't know how to fix it!! I can describe my dress for you in one word. . . .RUFFLES. Oh my, the dress had more ruffles than the ocean has waves!!! It was the perfect dress. Very feminine and sweet, just like the bride, HA!
I thought I would share our Wedding story today as well. The hubby and I were engaged on March 12, 1995 and married on June 10, 1995. What was I thinking??!! Was 3 months really enough time to plan a wedding? Looking back, a fall wedding would have been nice. . .but it all came together well, just quickly!! (To read more about how we met, click HERE.)
He was 20, I was 19, young love at its best. We paid for alot ourselves, so we were working on a pretty tight budget. Luckily my mom has a gift for floral arranging. Can you say Pink? Pink, pink, and more pink!! Light pink, hot pink, and baby pink!!
The ceremony consisted of the traditional music, and traditional vows in my husbands church. The same church that our children were dedicated in nearly 9 years later!! It was a small gathering of close friends & family, and it was perfect!! And here I sit 14 years later, what a journey it has been!!
Thanks for letting me share my story with you. Now I am ready to get over to Kelly's and look at all the post that actually have pictures of their dresses!!! But before I go, I want you to take a look at this video that is out on youtube now. It has made national news!! What a fun wedding party!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
2 comments:
I hope I didn't wake the kids up laughing at that video! Oh my word!
All of your pink reminded me of Pretty in Pink and now I want to see that movie again! Love your stories!!
LOL I love stories like yours. The video made me Laugh my hiney off!! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment