Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday with Rhoda

Is it Monday already!?! Boy, this past week was just a whirlwind. I am excited to have another "hand me down" treasure to share with everyone over at Rhoda's for Today's Thrifty Treasures. This armoire was passed down to me from my mom, like the silver tea set that I shared last week. This actually belonged to my grandmother. I have always admired this little piece of furniture, and feel blessed to have received it.

I still have to find a permanent home for it. Right now it is just stuck in the corner of the living room. It will more than likely end up in my master bedroom. I also need to get new drawer pulls for the drawers, some of the original ones are missing.

What do you think about my bookends on the top here? These are the book ends that Kennesha sent me. Aren't they lovely? Also, to the right of the books is my first floral arrangement. I know, I know, it is not so great. But, I don't just hate it either. I LOVE the container, and I LOVE the flowers, I just DON"T LOVE the actual arrangement of the flowers. I will work on it later!! HA! I will possibly work on it later, but more than likely, I will just leave it as is.
Well, thanks for stopping by to view my Thrifty Treasures. Check out the others listed this week over at Rhoda's.




7 comments:

Sue said...

Tina- That a cute little vignette on top of that GORGEOUS armoire! Just raise the flowers a bit by sticking them in some floral foam. Or...if you're out of foam- you could just stick wadded up plastic bags in the vase to give it some oomph. LOL lazy way- but it works for me... Nice to meet ya! Sue

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Now, that's a great hand me down to get. Thanks for playing this week!

dawgyah said...

Oh that's a chifforobe! And a very pretty one at that. You are very lucky to have it.

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

Love it! What a nice piece to be passed down to you! Love the bookends! Kennesha is awesome!

Gwen said...

Beautiful chifforobe in quartersawn oak. Would your mom like to adopt me? LOL!

~~Carol~~ said...

Love that armoire, and all of the things on top look great together!

Jennifer Poppy said...

beautiful! i love the bookends:)