Today I am joining in with Mrs. Yellow Hat and friends for the blog party "How we Met". Unfortunately I am unable to share any pictures. My digital camera doesn't date back that far, and my scanning abilities are apparently not up to par. Either way, I thought it would be fun to share the story with you all. Really the story is not all that interesting, what amazes me is how quickly our relationship progressed!! Everyone thought it was definitely doomed, but we are still hanging in there and loving every day!! (MOST days!!)
It all started back in the spring of 1994. . . .I sat down in my Sociology class next to another guy friend that I had went to high school with. I was pretty excited about sitting next to this particular guy that I had a secret crush on for several of my high school years!! Then hubby shows up and sits down right next to me and immediately starts talking non stop. He recognized me from a time that we had met at a local pool hall when I was out with a mutual friend of ours. So he had instant conversation topics. Not that he has ever needed conversation topics, he can just talk and talk for hours about nothing even if no one is listening!!
It was only a matter of days before he started asking me out. At the time, I was dating a guy that was away at basic training & I was not budging from this dude!! Hubby and I did grow a strong friendship that consisted of only class time and alot of long phone conversations. When the semester ended he pretty much gave me an ultimatum, now or never girlie! I chose NEVER.
Who knew that we would end up together!?!
The following September I ran into him at the mall while shopping with a friend. We spoke briefly and agreed that he would call me later that night. I really didn't think he would call, but he did. Of course, he didn't want to turn down a chance to talk!!! We did alot of catching up and I learned all about his current girlfriend and he found out that me and basic training guy were no longer an item. He was broken up with his girlfriend within the week and we started dating right away. And as they say, the rest was history. . . . . .
We were engaged after only 6 months of dating, on March 12, 1995 then married on June 10th, 1995.
CAN YOU BELIEVE WE MADE IT!!???!!
I would have never imagined that our marriage would survive some of the things we have been through, but I guess it was meant to be!!
I hope you enjoyed our How we met story. Now go on over to Mrs. YH's and join in yourself!
3 comments:
Tina,
What a fun story! And you'll never have to doubt that he pursued you!! I love, love, love it! I hope you'll come back to tell us the first date and proposal details!
What? Your hubby talks alot? He didn't say two words the entire time y'all were here (hee,hee). Love the story! :) P.S. blog looks great too!
What a cute story! I am also jealous, mine doesn't talk at all, which makes me the babbler. I swear, it is like pulling teeth!
Post a Comment