Hey Y'all!! Hope everyone is having a great week. Personally, I am thankful that we are half way done!!!
I mentioned on Sunday that I had a project that I found on another blog that I wanted to try. I have just now finished! Man, I am slow sometimes!! Well, I came across this great blog called Creations by Kara. Kara has thrifty projects and tons of ideas on her blog that I just love!! I decided I would try her moss sphere project. When I was on vacation I picked up a cute little urn for under a dollar, but I had no idea what to do with it. When I saw this project on Kara's blog, I knew this was the look I was going for. I went by the dollar tree and picked up some small styrofoam spheres, and a bag of green moss. I already had my glue sticks and glue gun, so this little project cost me under $3.00!! Now that's thrifty!! I really love the way it turned out, and it was just SO EASY!! If you like this look, you should definitely try it for yourself! Thanks Kara for sharing your instructions for this project with everyone!!
I mentioned on Sunday that I had a project that I found on another blog that I wanted to try. I have just now finished! Man, I am slow sometimes!! Well, I came across this great blog called Creations by Kara. Kara has thrifty projects and tons of ideas on her blog that I just love!! I decided I would try her moss sphere project. When I was on vacation I picked up a cute little urn for under a dollar, but I had no idea what to do with it. When I saw this project on Kara's blog, I knew this was the look I was going for. I went by the dollar tree and picked up some small styrofoam spheres, and a bag of green moss. I already had my glue sticks and glue gun, so this little project cost me under $3.00!! Now that's thrifty!! I really love the way it turned out, and it was just SO EASY!! If you like this look, you should definitely try it for yourself! Thanks Kara for sharing your instructions for this project with everyone!!
I also have some exciting stuff that I am working on. Monday night I met up with my sil's mom and she had a ton of old platters for me to look through. She got these from her grandmother, so they date WAY back! I told her that I have started trying to collect antique platters and she came through for me in a big way. I ended up getting 12 platters at $1 a piece. I am getting them cleaned up and ready to display. I am actually not sure where I am going to put them all, but I will share some pictures when I get them in place. Wish me luck!!
Here's a sneak peak. . .
Y'all have a good night! I'll be back soon!
6 comments:
Thanks so much for letting me know you tried my project! I love how yours turned out, I don't think it's too fluffy. And the urn is gorgeous, I love the intricate pattern. Just beautiful!!
Platters for $1 each- oh my!
Your urn project is wonderful.
Laura
Of course, I LOVE it! I am goingt o do this to add a little green to some areas in the house that are begging for color and SO EASY! Thanks for sharing...also,wanted to let you know about my giveaway and party next week.There's some stuff you have to do in the meantime to enter the giveaway so head on over to find out...it's going to be a TON of fun!
Love that!!
Yes, I did go in Gulf Shores to OTP! :) What did you do with your white plates you bought there? I haven't decided yet about mine.
LOVE your moss topiary! I'm so glad to see that Kara's fantastic idea is spreading!
You know...it's just killing me to not say "I love your balls!"
Oh wait. I said it.
I have two of those little ceramic urns that I got at the thrift store. Love them!
Kimba
Post a Comment