Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasures

Looks like I am joining in again on the blog party with Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality. It is Monday, and you know that means "Today's Thrifty Treasures".

I found this cute little white Fire-King bowl. I've seen alot of Fire-King ovenware in the antique shops, so I thought this was a steal for .59 cents at the thrift store. They also had a very large milk glass dish in the showcase that was priced at $24. I am thinking that they sometimes run a 50% off sale on the entire showcase. They normally have things like silver platters, tea sets, milk glass, and other collectible items in the showcase. It is funny how much you can learn about your local thrift store in just a few visits!! I had no idea they ran sales in there, they are basically giving stuff away half the time!!
Also this weekend I was able to find another white platter. It is not in excellent condition like my first platter, but I like the detailing around the edge of this one. And it also looks pretty cute in the china cabinet.

This was also picked up at the thrift store.

I hope you enjoyed my thrifty treasures. It was fun having something to share again! If you would like to see more, head on over to Southern Hospitality. Have a great week!


13 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tina, I love the platter, I need to find more white platters like that. Lately I've been finding tureens, but I'm not complaining. It's so much fun to see what you'll uncover at each sale. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Brandi said...

Very nice TB! I went to that antique store and asked about the desk. . . they sold it :( I'll have to keep looking.

sara@augustfields said...

two very cute finds! i really like the platter....it will be perfect piled high with corn on the cob, or watermelon etc. :)

Young Wife said...

I love your platter (came to your blog from Southern Hospitality)! :) I've been looking for one like that to hang on the wall.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great pieces! :) ~Rhonda

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I love white platters - they will always be pretty AND useful! Linda

Christina said...

Beautiful platter. I love the edges too. You did get a steal of a deal on the fire king bowl too. Always love a great find under a dollar.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Love the platter, I have one that is very similar to yours. And what a great price on your other dish.
Toni

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I love the white dishes!

Ms Jackie's Junque said...

I love the white platter. In my humble opinion you can never have too many platters (or cake plates, or too much fabric, etc.) :)

I love your monogram cutting board. My friend gave me one for Christmas and I LOVE IT!

Caro said...

a girl after my own heart!
Love milk glass and fireking anything! THey look good in my bathroom :)
And white dishes: I've bought a ton to have one of those funky arrangements on the wall! Now I need to find a platter like you!

Diane said...

I have that set of dishes. There is so much more to that platter set. I use mine every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love them!

Me & My House said...

Tina, thanks for the comments on my blog...I am loving all your shelves, sconces and plaques...where are you finding the wooden ones with scriptural reference? Particularly the white framed one...online I hope so I can order! ;) Okay, have a great Wednesday! Be blessed!