This is the first year that I have taken my vacation the week leading up to Christmas rather than the week after. It worked out okay, because we had not even started gift shopping until Monday. But, I definitely prefer the week between Christmas and the new year for vacationing. I get more time with the kids that week.
So, Bobby and I headed out to town to start our Christmas shopping Monday after he was done with work.
Shopping Selfie. . .
We continued to shop throughout the week. I went to watch Tanner play basketball on Tuesday night. We took my car to the shop for a minor repair and oil change. And I wrapped presents like nobodies business. On Wednesday night we went to see the trees on the Tinsel Trail. I was serving at church prepping candles for a Highlands Christmas candle light service, so I met the family after. Gray had a friend over and Tanner also invited his girlfriend.
On Thursday night both kids were visiting with friends for the night. So Bobby took me out to the Fayette Park to drive through the Christmas light display and then we had dinner. That's two dates in one week, which is pretty phenomenal for us.
On Friday night we attended A Highlands Christmas at church and it did not disappoint. The lighting of the candles at the end of the service is always so beautiful.
They may annoy me and drive me insane most days, but I love this little family of mine.
XoXo,
Tina
No comments:
Post a Comment